Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in evohome? (have your say)

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    or firmware updates over the air like they do with the gateway (assume this happens already ?)

(AFAIK there haven't been any controller firmware updates so far.)
    I think I'd just prefer an 'About' page on the controller that gave the current firmware rev. on it and then a web page with update details/release notes.

The exact upgrade mechanism I'm not that bothered about.

Automated Home Sr Member

Perhaps somewhat off topic but I would like to be able to control my evohome through the iOS 8 notification centre on my iPhone... Much like 'Thermos' does for the 'Nest' thermostat...
    Last edited by Wallyİ; 20th January 2015 at 06:43 PM.

Automated Home Sr Member

Great idea Rameses

My top 3 Main Requirements and top 2 Nice to Haves which again are covered in the thread but hopefully the re-occurring themes will be selected if not too difficult 

Main requirements
    1) Windows IE app with full control as per the controller
    2) Ability to save out schedules – I do change the schedule during spring/autumn and then readjust for winter as the same temp in spring/summer seems different in winter (for the reasons you have sited already elsewhere such as humidity etc)
    3) Better control over quick action custom settings such as being able to create a special schedule with different times and temps per zone – For example I use the custom one for evening parties but I want the bathrooms hotter than the other rooms

Nice to Have Requirements

1) Feedback from the zone when the zone overridden by the local setting (save me running around trying to figure out why a zone is still running only to find one of the offspring has locally overridden)
    2) Windows IE app – zone history - feedback from each zone of zone temp/zone setting/outside temp on a 10 minute interval over a rolling 24 hour period (as per many of the apps that have been written on this forum by individuals) to monitor zone performance

Automated Home Guru

Additional thought:

Integration with Honeywell Galaxy range of alarms.

For instance, do Full Set on alarm set economy mode on evohome.

This probably sounds like the easiest of the requests, but it's probably the hardest to deliver.

Automated Home Guru

My thoughts... All of the above! aaanyway... something had already been mentioned but it's worth repeating:

1) browser control - HTML5 "app" (would be almost universal)
    2) status indication for each sensor/actuator (including boiler control) to be aware of what's going on, through the controller, app AND browser access
    3) directly accessible web server on the gateway/controller, or user web server integration
    4) data reporting, user-configurable in terms of details (should include point 2 above) and frequency sampling, and maybe with database integration directly through the gateway
    5) ...an official Windows Phone app?
    6) TRV override reported in controller/app/website
    7) the ability of setting alerts, e.g. when temperature goes too far from setpoint (indicating there's something wrong) or when there's no response to commands
    8) OpenTherm detailed status: should be able to report CH and DHW setpoints, activity, water pressure, outside temperature (if there's a probe connected to the boiler)
    9) a sort of "computer gateway" component to stick into an USB port, with some software to read out all data, parameters, schedules, ... directly... by the way the EvoHome controller does have a USB port (!)
    10) some kind of "non-heating channel", to be able to use a BDR91 to control something else (e.g. to cut power to the boiler to reset it in case it appears blocked for some reason)
    11) oh yes, official APIs...

Can't think of more - but there's plenty... EvoHome is a good system, that can be made better!

cheers

M

Automated Home Lurker

1) Geofencing

Automated Home Legend

An additional one to my suggestion above.

Be able when using a customised menu to provide for the length of time in hours it is to run rather than days.

I have customised the one we can change to provide for an override on temperature to increase it in a zone/zones but it seems I have to say when it is to run to and that can run for 24+ hours. It means it is still running when a normal scheduled event clicks in and a user may not want that. More flexibility in customising desirable.

Automated Home Sr Member

I was wondering... If some or all of these great ideas were implemented...Would this mean we'd have to buy a new controller or is the current unit capable of handling this future firmware upgrade..?

Automated Home Sr Member

For the requirement Geofencing, could those who have requested this provide more information to Rameses as that facility is currently available via the service IFTTT on android phones and Apple phones as they have an evohome channel.

Automated Home Sr Member

Geofencing is the ability to have your smart device ( Android-iPhone...) perform actions based upon your location/movements. For example... Automatically go into eco-mode when I leave home and switch to normal mode when I get back or when I'm headed for home...