What would you like to see in evohome? (have your say)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
    Dave, number 4, excellent idea. I have 2 radiators in one room and one is not so easy to get at. It would be great if a manual of the accessible one automatically changed the other.
    Thanks to all. Keep them coming. Just had to chip in on this last post. Davidaj & g4rhl. Evohome kind of does this already? Assuming you change the control on the master 'sensing' Hr92. This will affect the zone outright. But fair point on the rest. Many people opt for binding a dts91 or szt and having in the room. (And keep in one place as it buggers up the learning if you keep moving).
    Last edited by Rameses; 27 January 2015, 01:51 AM.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Rameses
      Industry Expert
      • Nov 2014

Couple more things

Life360 is by far best way for mutli device geofencing for evohome.

Ifttt triggers. Coming soon. ;-)
      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
        Thanks to all. Keep them coming. Just had to chip in on this last post. Davidaj & g4rhl. Evohome kind of does this already? Assuming you change the control on the master 'sensing' Hr92. This will affect the zone outright. But fair point on the rest. Many people opt for binding a dts91 or szt and having in the room. (And keep in one place as it buggers up the learning if you keep moving).
        Thanks. At least the TRV that is classed as "master" in my living room (the first one bound) is on the easy accessible radiator! Perhaps something else to be put in a more detailed and helpful manual/instruction book. We, the customers, can't be assumed to just know these things Honeywell!

Comment

• SteveP
          Automated Home Guru
          • Dec 2012

Another request, extend the idle screen display on the controller to show more zones - maybe 8 to prevent being too cluttered but the idle screen is an excellent quick review screen for the "main" zones.

Comment

• davidaj
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jan 2015

I notice the Honeywell Lyric thermostat available in the US, which offers features such as geofencing, outside temp/humidity consideration (the "fine tune" feature) and likely Apple HomeKit integration. Are Honeywell US and Honeywell Europe separate entities, or can any of the work from Lyric be leveraged into evohome? As the flagship product, I'd hope evohome would offer any of the features of it's lesser products.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
              Question. If you have a single zone thermostat (the Y87RF) in a zone does it override the TRV's setting in that zone so that the two are not in conflict with each other? Am not sure quite when you would do this but possibly it is another way to override a setting for a short time.

Comment

• MichaelD
                Automated Home Guru
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                As a senior citizen, I have spent a lot of time trying to understand the technical nuances of Evohome. Now I read that people want IFTTT, geofencing, APIs, smart watch control etc. On another thread, there is a suggestion that children can turn their parents ON and OFF remotely!

Might I suggest that Honeywell offers to provide offer a free knowledgeable 5 year old to all purchasers of Evohome who are over the age of 65.
                I work in an IT organisation, and recently have started to advise people that it is their professional duty to look on Wikipedia when they hear a word or acronym that they don't understand. It generally gives a good, plain English, explanation of the product or subject. We've started to adopt newer technologies, and there are literally dozens of new words in our conversations, so Wikipedia is now helping us keep our people (of all ages) up to date. After 40 years in IT, I know this progress will never stop, people either switch off and become old, or they keep learning.

That isn't meant to any sort of criticism, and I know this was a light-hearted post, but I'm close to 60, and still really excited by new things, but keep finding myself talking to people 10 years younger than me who say they are too old to learn anything new. And they seem to think thats OK!

Comment

• Mavis
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by MichaelD View Post
                  I work in an IT organisation, and recently have started to advise people that it is their professional duty to look on Wikipedia when they hear a word or acronym that they don't understand. It generally gives a good, plain English, explanation of the product or subject. We've started to adopt newer technologies, and there are literally dozens of new words in our conversations, so Wikipedia is now helping us keep our people (of all ages) up to date. After 40 years in IT, I know this progress will never stop, people either switch off and become old, or they keep learning.

That isn't meant to any sort of criticism, and I know this was a light-hearted post, but I'm close to 60, and still really excited by new things, but keep finding myself talking to people 10 years younger than me who say they are too old to learn anything new. And they seem to think thats OK!

I think the fact that we are all here 'embracing' (or rather 'kicking and screaming') new technology.... and using an online forum speaks volumes.
                  Interesting you recommend using Wikipedia - I am by no means a spring chicken but 'in the old days' I was told to steer well away from Wikipedia as it was just 'opinions' and not fact and could not be trusted. Nowadays it is one of the first places I look when I want to know something. I do agree with HenGus though - it would be much easier to have a 5 year old provided.

Comment

• HenGus
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • May 2014

Slight thread drift, but both my daughter and her husband have good computer science degrees. Whenever I ask them for IT advice, their collective response is 'ask Matthew': their 15 year old son!

Back to topic. Gateway reporting: the app needs to relay 'faults' information as and when they occur. Having had a series of actuator comms faults over the past few days - lasting in excess of 4 hrs at a time - I know this information is not being picked up by the Gateway, and transmitted to the App.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

I'm just well past 60 and like my gadgets! Been using email for well over 30 years as well - when it used to come in in black and white text at about 75 baud. I agree the use of acronyms can be a pain. I sit on a committee where medical people produce reports and they just love to use them and never think of a glossary to explain them. I simply googled IFTTT to see what it meant!

Comment

• sve
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Jan 2015

I know that some wishes have already been mentioned but this is a direct copy of my current wish list:

1) More information on the controller: is the heating on, valve positions
                        2) Possibility to have a valve (always) open without trigger the thermostat: eg. Bathroom no “forced” heating but have it on with other section
                        3) Web based interface (HTML5)
                        4) Override a valve position: when a specific valve is not fully open it might lead to “flow” noise
                        5) Possibility to connect PIR: possibility to extend heating window if motion is detected: eg. If you are in the living room after normal heating time extend the time based on motion

I would really really love to have option 2

Comment

• SteveP
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by sve View Post
                          I know that some wishes have already been mentioned but this is a direct copy of my current wish list:

2) Possibility to have a valve (always) open without trigger the thermostat: eg. Bathroom no “forced” heating but have it on with other section

I would really really love to have option 2
                          If you still have the original TRV that you replaced with an evohome valve. just pop it back on. I have two radiators (Hall and Downstairs toilet) that I did not replace with evohome valves for just that reason. Any time the system is on the radiators receive heat but shut off when up to the setting of the TRV. However, they don't call for heat themselves. Cheaper than having an evohome radiator valve that is only behaving as a pure TRV - just a thought :-)

Comment

• sve
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            If you still have the original TRV that you replaced with an evohome valve. just pop it back on. I have two radiators (Hall and Downstairs toilet) that I did not replace with evohome valves for just that reason. Any time the system is on the radiators receive heat but shut off when up to the setting of the TRV. However, they don't call for heat themselves. Cheaper than having an evohome radiator valve that is only behaving as a pure TRV - just a thought :-)
                            I understand what you mean; however… I still want to be able to heat just that section of the house. For example the bathroom: I want the bathroom to be nice and warm at 06:30 (wakeup time) but there is no need to start heating anywhere else. Me and my wife take a shower, we dress our four year old and go downstairs for breakfast. The living room is set to be at 19.5C at 7:30 so it nice over there.
                            When we arrive home in the evening (17:30) the living room is nice and warm and I’d like to have an open valve in the bathroom to heat it together with the living room (no schedule for bathroom yet). But if the bathroom is not at 22C at 19:00 I want Evohome to take action, for my son’s shower.

I hope you understand what I mean since I am not a native English speaker (forgive me for that)

Comment

• Kevin
                              • Jan 2004

1) Wireless repeater / range extender
                              2) User upgradeable firmware
                              3) Linkable controllers
                              4) Support for hot water priority systems

Comment

• G4RHL
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jan 2015

I don't think this right - changing the "master" HR92 changes others in the zone. It's 05:46, my heating is not scheduled to come on for a while but being up have turned up the master HR92 in my living room. Yes the heating has come on but only the one radiator is getting warm, the second one in the zone has stayed cold and not changed. I had after reading about this point ensured which was Master but never since tried it out until now. I have had to manually adjust the other radiator.

Comment

Working...
                                X