What would you like to see in evohome? (have your say)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erik
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2015

Thank you, Jonstatt, you are right. This however requires an extra €80 component in each zone.

Orange: the HR92 and Evotouch do communicate two-way, so it probably should have been possible. But I guess there's a design flaw preventing proper communication of local setpoint. I have a feeling there will probably be a HR93 or something (or entire new Evohome system) in the future that fixes it.

If you would set an override on only 1 hr92 in a zone with multiple hr92's, the most logical action would be to change the setpoint on ALL hr92's in the zone. I don't see an issue with that. The same thing happens when you set a setpoint through the controller or app. It influences ALL hr92's in the zone.
    Last edited by erik; 22 February 2015, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• orange
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
      Correct, by design for the reason you state
      many of the suggestion replies to the thread (most ?) have requested an indication of a local override indication. Probably the most requested feature/fix ? Even if you couldn't display the override temperature in the display (although I don't see why not for single unit/zone systems) then just some kind of indication - like you do with the little mobile icon.

Comment

• orange
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by erik View Post
        Orange: the HR92 and Evotouch do communicate two-way, so it probably should have been possible. But I guess there's a design flaw preventing proper communication of local setpoint. I have a feeling there will probably be a HR93 or something (or entire new Evohome system) in the future that fixes it.

If you would set an override on only 1 hr92 in a zone with multiple hr92's, the most logical action would be to change the setpoint on ALL hr92's in the zone. I don't see an issue with that. The same thing happens when you set a setpoint through the controller or app. It influences ALL hr92's in the zone.
        As above - I think it is/was possible with the current hardware - the decision was made not to do this. I also agree with the way the multiple hr92 should be handled in the same zone, or at least make that an option.

Also agree that evohome v3 will address this....just not the current one

Comment

• RichardMark
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Feb 2015

I am pretty sure this thread was a request for suggestions.

Most have been covered previously but here are mine to give extra weight.

1 and the very top of the list. A way to say "I'm out until [time]" as a quick action. (Unless someone has figured a way to do this).

2 support for 2 boilers which control different zones. our house was extended and has two seperate heating systems. When I called support they said something like ... "If only it did this because we gat asked it quite a lot"

3 a logging system showing messages between devices ( this would probably resolve most of the problems posted here )

Thanks

Ric

Comment

• RichardMark
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Feb 2015

On the "lower cost room sensors" (a few posts up), a way to do this is to move the sensor from the HR80/92 using a bit of wire, it's quite easy to do and is successful if the cable can be neatly hidden.

Comment

• erik
              Automated Home Guru
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by RichardMark View Post
              I am pretty sure this thread was a request for suggestions.

Most have been covered previously but here are mine to give extra weight.

1 and the very top of the list. A way to say "I'm out until [time]" as a quick action. (Unless someone has figured a way to do this).

2 support for 2 boilers which control different zones. our house was extended and has two seperate heating systems. When I called support they said something like ... "If only it did this because we gat asked it quite a lot"
              1: press and hold the away-quick-action.It should allow you to say how long you're gone.

2: you can get 2 seperate evotouch controllers to achieve this.

Comment

• Mavis
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by erik View Post
                1: press and hold the away-quick-action.It should allow you to say how long you're gone.

From memory, this only allows you to select number of days - first press, I think, takes you up to midnight and then subsequent presses allow extra days only. (and then only up to midnight)

Comment

• emmeesse68
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by RichardMark View Post
                  On the "lower cost room sensors" (a few posts up), a way to do this is to move the sensor from the HR80/92 using a bit of wire, it's quite easy to do and is successful if the cable can be neatly hidden.
                  Agree if you're into DIY and you are not afraid of opening/breaking a 60£ (80€ ) piece of hardware (that's the current price of an HR92 in Italy at least). Breaking one of these would defeat the purpose of having cheaper room sensors.

And... all EvoHome is built around the "wireless" concept...

Comment

• emmeesse68
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Dec 2014

As an additional suggestion, it might be useful to have some kind of "all reset" command. I don't mean a factory reset, just something that would force a simultaneous "reboot" of every single component of an EvoHome system. A little "Microsoft-oriented" ) but would help, say, starting a diagnostic session with a "clean" status of everything - or to solve a possible deadlock. EvoHome is a computer systems, after all...

Comment

• top brake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by emmeesse68 View Post
                      As an additional suggestion, it might be useful to have some kind of "all reset" command. I don't mean a factory reset, just something that would force a simultaneous "reboot" of every single component of an EvoHome system. A little "Microsoft-oriented" ) but would help, say, starting a diagnostic session with a "clean" status of everything - or to solve a possible deadlock. EvoHome is a computer systems, after all...
                      Simple to do this

Take evohome controller off dock
                      Remove and refit batteries
                      Place back on dock

System will restart and resync with settings intact
                      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• emmeesse68
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                        Simple to do this

Take evohome controller off dock
                        Remove and refit batteries
                        Place back on dock

System will restart and resync with settings intact
                        How could I not think of it... it sounds so obvious (now that you told us!)

Thanks!

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

The ability to save to a USB chip, disc or computer all the time, temp and custom settings so that if you do a factory reset at least you do not have the pain of having to input them again. Also if there was an app or computer programme that replicated the system then you could edit those settings on screen, save them, plug into to controller (it does have a USB port) and reload.

Comment

• Ubarrow
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Oct 2014

Not sure if anyones asked for this so far?
                            I'd like to be able to simply set all zones at the same temperature.
                            Yes, I know that defeats the whole purpose of Evohome zoning, but there are times when this can be useful!

Comment

• G4RHL
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Ubarrow View Post
                              Not sure if anyones asked for this so far?
                              I'd like to be able to simply set all zones at the same temperature.
                              Yes, I know that defeats the whole purpose of Evohome zoning, but there are times when this can be useful!
                              Use the Custom menu. I have used it to do this. I have it set to bring 4 zones (out of a total of 11) on at 21C. Yes it is useful.

Comment

• greyhound1234
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Mar 2015

1. A serious debug of the firmware and TPI algorithms...
                                2. User-defined periods and zones that can be 'advanced' and come on earlier, if an infra red sensor picks up the house is occupied.
                                3. Ability to see if a local override has been set via radiator valve, and also to cancel it.
                                4. More custom settings than 1. e.g. so I can have 'visitor mode' for when second bedroom is in use. Also 'wife is cold mode' which heats all zones by 1 degree more...
                                Last edited by greyhound1234; 12 March 2015, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X