Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honeywell evohome Scheduling & Optimisation Help

Automated Home Guru

I think there is only one version of the controller firmware - it hasn't been updated since release

Quote Originally Posted by courcirc8 View Post
    After reading this VERY interesting explanation of the optimisation usage, I activated the "start optimisation" on my unit. The result was quite surprising: the next set temperature was overridden by the night lowest temperature. I modified it again and next day same problem: the schedule seems unchanged if edited but the target temp is overridden by the previous period.
    I switched it back off and everything is back to normal. I really think I have an old firmware on my evo with many bugs.
    For me every feature that is non-standard is bugged!
    Thanks anyway Richard for helping us!
    Eric
    I woke up this morning at 4.45 and found the heating on. Heating due at correct temperature at 6am. Got up and checked the controller and it was due to the Optimisation. But the house generally does not take very long to heat up so bemused as to why it came on so early.

Automated Home Sr Member

It is my understanding that it takes some time for the system to 'learn' and figure out the best starting time...

Give it a week or 2...You'll notice the start time gradually being delayed...

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    I woke up this morning at 4.45 and found the heating on. Heating due at correct temperature at 6am. Got up and checked the controller and it was due to the Optimisation. But the house generally does not take very long to heat up so bemused as to why it came on so early.
    What allowance have you set the system to when you enable 'Optimum Start'? I suggest this is set to 1 hour to start with - if you let evohome have the entire 3 hour default allowance, it will potentially come on 3 hours early while 'learning'!

It is (was) set to 2 hours - I changed it to 1 hour this morning. It probably still is learning as it was only last week that I realised that optimisation was not switched on.

BTW for anyone wanting to change the number of hours for Opt Start, I discovered that I had to disable it first then enable it and then you get the option to change the number of hours.

Automated Home Guru

I found that when I changed the number of hours it had to relearn from scratch - ie the next time it switched on it came on at exactly the set time.

Automated Home Legend

Not sure if this is the right page in the forum to mention this but I noticed last night that if you manually change a temperature setting on the HR92 very close to a controlled time schedule change your override seems to go on beyond that until the next time schedule. My bedroom radiator is set to drop temperature at 23:00, at 22:55 I turned up the temperature to give the room a little boost thinking that 5 minutes would do it (often does) and expecting that the 23:00 schedule change would then put it back to the normal overnight temperature. I go to sleep within minutes (often seconds!), woke up at 12:30 a.m. feeling rather warm! Have checked the time setting on the controller and that is correct. Lesson learned!

Automated Home Sr Member

Must say I have been caught out by that but have never got to the bottom of it. So I added in the second shut down that Richard recommended which is roughly 1 hour after the room set normal set down point and that pretty much guarantees that whatever happens that shutdown point will be applied. Be interesting to know why this situation can occur though?

Presumably either the delay they quote between controller & valve. or maybe clock on the server may be fast??

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Must say I have been caught out by that but have never got to the bottom of it. So I added in the second shut down that Richard recommended which is roughly 1 hour after the room set normal set down point and that pretty much guarantees that whatever happens that shutdown point will be applied. Be interesting to know why this situation can occur though?
    The evohome 'handshake' is roughly 4 minutes and say for instance one handshake got missed, there could be a delay of 8+ minutes which if you are close to the next scheduled point could override the next scheduled point (hence my midnight 00:00 setpoint to ensure any adjustment doesn't last all night!).