Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honeywell evohome Scheduling & Optimisation Help

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    Presumably either the delay they quote between controller & valve. or maybe clock on the server may be fast??
    Overriding a HR92 locally has no reflection on the servers actions, as the communication is directly with the evohome controller in this instance. The only way this could happen is if the override is done via the App and then there is definitely the possibility of a delay between the action and the result, as there are many more factors to consider in performing this action (speed of internet connection, server load, etc).

Automated Home Legend

No, I checked my clock and it is OK. I can only think it is the very close proximity to the set change that caused it to be ignored. It it had a brain probably it would be saying "No idiot would make this change at this time, he must mean it to be operative to the next set change so I'll delay it until then." Except one "idiot" did want to make a change 5 minutes away from a programmed one!

I set up the maximum of 6 changes for each zone generally making them 07:30, 10:30, 13:30, 16:30, 19:30 and 22:30. The daytime temperatures though are all the same, currently set to 18C and I use a custom menu to effect an over ride if I want one in more than one zone. The main bedroom final time of the day is 23:00. Perhaps I better change the bedroom ones so that the final one is say 00:10 in the bedroom. It is the only zone where we way want to override the setting - for a short time!

This highlights another issue. I have set up the customisable menu, called it "Custom 21" as it sets the temperature in designated zones to 21C, but you can only make the change to run for one day or more whole days ahead. Nicer if you could set it for a few hours as well.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    The evohome 'handshake' is roughly 4 minutes and say for instance one handshake got missed, there could be a delay of 8+ minutes which if you are close to the next scheduled point could override the next scheduled point (hence my midnight 00:00 setpoint to ensure any adjustment doesn't last all night!).
    ..and there's the answer! I have just changed my set point to 00:10 for the bedroom.

Automated Home Sr Member

This highlights another issue. I have set up the customisable menu, called it "Custom 21" as it sets the temperature in designated zones to 21C, but you can only make the change to run for one day or more whole days ahead. Nicer if you could set it for a few hours as well.
    If you have a Windows Phone it's possible to set a finish time down to the minute on a zone override or quick action. </shameless plug>

Automated Home Legend

Reading through this thread - and others - how does Honeywell expect to educate the masses on the nuances of its smart heating controls? Not everyone has the time or inclination to pour over forums for advice on what should really be a 'set up and forget' system. I just wonder how manufacturers are going to address the steep customer learning curve? I am a retired pilot and when we first started getting flight management systems on our aircraft we used to have a saying on the flight deck 'what on earth is the computer up to now?'. I am feeling a touch of déjà vous coming on.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wally© View Post
    It is my understanding that it takes some time for the system to 'learn' and figure out the best starting time...

Give it a week or 2...You'll notice the start time gradually being delayed...
    Does the optimisation use the measured temperature deviation value (from set point value) to optimise ON time, or does it use outside ambient temperature somehow? I read somewhere that the public weather information data can be used somehow.

Automated Home Jr Member

Yes, it learns for instance it takes 30 minutes to raise the temperature by a degree. it does not use weather information.

Quote Originally Posted by Midori View Post
    Does the optimisation use the measured temperature deviation value (from set point value) to optimise ON time, or does it use outside ambient temperature somehow? I read somewhere that the public weather information data can be used somehow.
    As per comments - outside weather isn't really useful for a smart zoning solution. If there was a sudden cold snap, and you had the worlds best insulated home, the boiler coming on wouldn't be ideal. We tend to measure very effectively what we can control, ie the inside the home, using smart learning and technology to maintain the set points. evohome will learn your thermal curve of every zone and work to achieve when you want the right temp.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own