Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome - lost Internet contact

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Legend

Default Evohome - lost Internet contact

In the last two days I have frequently had emails on my iPhone telling me "the Total Connect Comfort service lost communication with the heating system installed in the location below....." I have also noticed that often instructions given on my phone more often than not, do not get through. This is only in the last couple of days. My internet connection, however, has been fine, the Gateway shows as connected and all other internet access is working. I assume therefore it is a server problem, the server is in Scotland I think. Is there any way of ascertaining when the server has issues for simple peace of mind if anything to know it's not a problem "at home"?

Plus I am getting the emails within minutes of some check being done by the controller. The app is set for hourly notification. I have had 4 in the past 30 minutes!

16:33 - just noticed that I seem to get the message each time I try to alter things from my iPhone.
    Last edited by G4RHL; 29th January 2015 at 04:34 PM.

Automated Home Legend

19:15 Further addition to my query. I have removed and reinstalled the Gateway connection. Done the same with the app. It seems the app can get fresh data through the Gateway but if through the app I change things, whilst I get a "success" message, no change is effected and the display in the app eventually reverts back to the original position. E.g. I had a custom menu active, in the app I cancelled it; I got a success message; the app display showed the custom menu was no longer active; about a minute or so after the app display changed again saying the custom menu was still active and I then received an email as mentioned above. Any ideas anybody?

A thought. As it appears the app receives changes instigated by the controller but cannot reciprocate and instigate changes itself, and as this is a recent occurrence, could it have anything to do with the minor upgrade to IOS 8 released the other day and which I installed?
    Last edited by G4RHL; 29th January 2015 at 07:55 PM.

I have just gone into my iphone app and tried a quick action (day off). Set it for 2 days and it changed the controller immediately so mine is working.

BUT

I have a strange one - in the iphone app, the target temps on the summary screen of the Living Room and the Bathroom are both showing as a lower temp to the controller. If I then go into the schedule on the iphone app then the schedule is the same as the controller.

Automated Home Legend

It's not the upgrade to the app. Just tried with my wife's iPhone which has not been updated and that does the same. Thus here on 2 different iPads and 2 different IPhones none can send a signal back to make a change but can receive updates from the controller. The controller/gateway appears to be rejecting inputs to change other than by the controller. Also tried to do with no wireless connection, i.e. Using mobile phone network. I get a message saying the server is not responding. Fault must be with Honeywell's server then. Wonder if others are getting this?

Automated Home Legend

Something is going on! Possibly with the server sending out updates but nobody is telling us! I have noticed my control panel is not bleeping at me to tell me it is not in its cradle and it's been out long enough to normally do so. PLUS the economy option has now reappeared! Been missing all day and I have not reset anything, now it's back!

Automated Home Legend

Sadly bleep back again but it has taken a lot longer for it to appear.

Have you deleted the gateway from your online account and added it again?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SensibleHeatUK View Post
    Have you deleted the gateway from your online account and added it again?
    Thanks, no, did not think of that. Will give it a go.

Automated Home Legend

Have now tried this and ended up with perhaps a bigger issue. I cannot add the location again. I get as far is putting in the MAC and CRC codes, it then says it is registering but comes up with a message saying it cannot and suggestion I try later or contact Consumer Support. After several reboots and attempts I keep getting the same message. Assume I am stuck until Monday when Consumer Support open.
    Last edited by G4RHL; 31st January 2015 at 02:40 PM.

Automated Home Sr Member

Bummer...

Wonder if Honeywell will show leniency and compensate you for the aggravation you're going through right now...

But I'm sure the error is '@ the other end'...it usually is...