• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Evohome - lost Internet contact

In the last two days I have frequently had emails on my iPhone telling me "the Total Connect Comfort service lost communication with the heating system installed in the location below....." I have also noticed that often instructions given on my phone more often than not, do not get through. This is only in the last couple of days. My internet connection, however, has been fine, the Gateway shows as connected and all other internet access is working. I assume therefore it is a server problem, the server is in Scotland I think. Is there any way of ascertaining when the server has issues for simple peace of mind if anything to know it's not a problem "at home"?

Plus I am getting the emails within minutes of some check being done by the controller. The app is set for hourly notification. I have had 4 in the past 30 minutes!

16:33 - just noticed that I seem to get the message each time I try to alter things from my iPhone.
    Last edited by G4RHL; 29 January 2015, 05:34 PM.
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

19:15 Further addition to my query. I have removed and reinstalled the Gateway connection. Done the same with the app. It seems the app can get fresh data through the Gateway but if through the app I change things, whilst I get a "success" message, no change is effected and the display in the app eventually reverts back to the original position. E.g. I had a custom menu active, in the app I cancelled it; I got a success message; the app display showed the custom menu was no longer active; about a minute or so after the app display changed again saying the custom menu was still active and I then received an email as mentioned above. Any ideas anybody?

A thought. As it appears the app receives changes instigated by the controller but cannot reciprocate and instigate changes itself, and as this is a recent occurrence, could it have anything to do with the minor upgrade to IOS 8 released the other day and which I installed?
    Last edited by G4RHL; 29 January 2015, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Mavis
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Oct 2014

I have just gone into my iphone app and tried a quick action (day off). Set it for 2 days and it changed the controller immediately so mine is working.

BUT

I have a strange one - in the iphone app, the target temps on the summary screen of the Living Room and the Bathroom are both showing as a lower temp to the controller. If I then go into the schedule on the iphone app then the schedule is the same as the controller.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

It's not the upgrade to the app. Just tried with my wife's iPhone which has not been updated and that does the same. Thus here on 2 different iPads and 2 different IPhones none can send a signal back to make a change but can receive updates from the controller. The controller/gateway appears to be rejecting inputs to change other than by the controller. Also tried to do with no wireless connection, i.e. Using mobile phone network. I get a message saying the server is not responding. Fault must be with Honeywell's server then. Wonder if others are getting this?

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Something is going on! Possibly with the server sending out updates but nobody is telling us! I have noticed my control panel is not bleeping at me to tell me it is not in its cradle and it's been out long enough to normally do so. PLUS the economy option has now reappeared! Been missing all day and I have not reset anything, now it's back!

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Sadly bleep back again but it has taken a lot longer for it to appear.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

A further update on this issue. The controller bleep is certainly back. I reported my problems to Honeywell who have advised they had some unexpected maintenance to do on the days I seemed to have disappearing Quick Action choices. However, I still cannot change any settings using the app. I have tried on 2 iPhones and 2 iPads, I can effect a change in the app, I get a success message, but nothing happens and a few minutes later an email arrives saying there was lost communication with the heating system. If, though I make the changes on the control panel, the app always receives them. In other words it is a one way process, receive only. Honeywell support asked to report back if I still had problems, I did but not yet heard any more from them. It's a pain but I think this morning I will try a full reset of everything. You know, the usual thing as mentioned elsewhere in these pages, switch it all off and start up again!

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

I have just sent the following off to the Evohome Support desk:

"To add to the earlier reports I have this morning done a factory reset on the Control Panel, removed its batteries for 10 minutes then started afresh binding the hot water, heating and then the TRVs and of course the Gateway. The end result is no change. Changes to the settings for zones appear on the app in the iPhone but changes on the iPhone cannot get through to the Control Panel. They do reach the server as if I open the app on my iPad and update it changes to accord with what I have done on my phone. There appears therefore to be some sort of block within the control panel or perhaps the Gateway not letting the signal through that prevents remote changes. I have also reset the Gateway.

I am now stuck and cannot think of anything else I can try. I have a system which worked fine until a few days ago and now I cannot operate it remotely from the iPhone/iPad app."

if anybody on the forum has any suggestions I'd be pleased to have them.

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
                  • Feb 2009

Have you deleted the gateway from your online account and added it again?
                  Sensible Heat
                  SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by SensibleHeatUK View Post
                    Have you deleted the gateway from your online account and added it again?
                    Thanks, no, did not think of that. Will give it a go.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Have now tried this and ended up with perhaps a bigger issue. I cannot add the location again. I get as far is putting in the MAC and CRC codes, it then says it is registering but comes up with a message saying it cannot and suggestion I try later or contact Consumer Support. After several reboots and attempts I keep getting the same message. Assume I am stuck until Monday when Consumer Support open.
                      Last edited by G4RHL; 31 January 2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Wallyİ
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Jan 2015

Bummer...

Wonder if Honeywell will show leniency and compensate you for the aggravation you're going through right now...

But I'm sure the error is '@ the other end'...it usually is...

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

Having done a complete factory reset of everything, rebound it all, deleted my location in my account on the server and re-registered it I achieved success, but for only a short time. It proved impossible to register the location yesterday after many many attempts. It did not want to know me. At just after 06:00 this morning it went straight in and registered. I remembered I had this problem when I first registered in December, it took more than 12 hours, possibly nearer 24 before it accepted me. Possibly there is a long gap whilst the gateway gets comfortable and settles down before the server accepts signals. Not sure.

However, after doing all this earlier this morning everything worked, two way communication in the app, no issues. My good fortune has lasted only a couple of hours, the same old problem has returned, I get data updates received by the app but cannot communicate using it so have to use the control panel all the time to make changes which is vey far from convenient.

Stuck now until the support desk opens tomorrow morning.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                            Site Sponsor
                            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Wallyİ View Post
                            Wonder if Honeywell will show leniency and compensate you for the aggravation you're going through right now...
                            I doubt it... A quick call to evohome Consumer Support 03001 301 299 is the best way to remedy App related issues, as the likelihood is that they will be server specific and very little you will be able to resolve yourself.

Comment

• G4RHL
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jan 2015

Rest assured I will be on the phone tomorrow!

Having reset everything now got to wait for optimisation to settle in. At least have gained lots of practice at resetting and binding! Your instructions on a different page were beside me throughout! Thanks for that.

Interesting bit of amusement. My wife came down stairs to say there was something wrong with the TRV on the en suite towel rail as it showed 5c and it felt a lot warmer than that! I asked "Have you opened the window?" "Yes" was the reply. Clearly it all works as it should, even the little logo saying there was a window open pops up on the panel.

Richard.

Comment

Working...
                              X