Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evohome - lost Internet contact

Automated Home Legend

Have now tried this and ended up with perhaps a bigger issue. I cannot add the location again. I get as far is putting in the MAC and CRC codes, it then says it is registering but comes up with a message saying it cannot and suggestion I try later or contact Consumer Support. After several reboots and attempts I keep getting the same message. Assume I am stuck until Monday when Consumer Support open.
    Last edited by G4RHL; 31st January 2015 at 03:40 PM.

Automated Home Sr Member

Bummer...

Wonder if Honeywell will show leniency and compensate you for the aggravation you're going through right now...

But I'm sure the error is '@ the other end'...it usually is...

Automated Home Legend

Having done a complete factory reset of everything, rebound it all, deleted my location in my account on the server and re-registered it I achieved success, but for only a short time. It proved impossible to register the location yesterday after many many attempts. It did not want to know me. At just after 06:00 this morning it went straight in and registered. I remembered I had this problem when I first registered in December, it took more than 12 hours, possibly nearer 24 before it accepted me. Possibly there is a long gap whilst the gateway gets comfortable and settles down before the server accepts signals. Not sure.

However, after doing all this earlier this morning everything worked, two way communication in the app, no issues. My good fortune has lasted only a couple of hours, the same old problem has returned, I get data updates received by the app but cannot communicate using it so have to use the control panel all the time to make changes which is vey far from convenient.

Stuck now until the support desk opens tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyİ View Post
    Wonder if Honeywell will show leniency and compensate you for the aggravation you're going through right now...
    I doubt it... A quick call to evohome Consumer Support 03001 301 299 is the best way to remedy App related issues, as the likelihood is that they will be server specific and very little you will be able to resolve yourself.

Automated Home Legend

Rest assured I will be on the phone tomorrow!

Having reset everything now got to wait for optimisation to settle in. At least have gained lots of practice at resetting and binding! Your instructions on a different page were beside me throughout! Thanks for that.

Interesting bit of amusement. My wife came down stairs to say there was something wrong with the TRV on the en suite towel rail as it showed 5c and it felt a lot warmer than that! I asked "Have you opened the window?" "Yes" was the reply. Clearly it all works as it should, even the little logo saying there was a window open pops up on the panel.

Richard.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Connectivity through the App is completely separate to the normal function of the Evohome controller.
    The heating will continue to operate to schedule if you lose connectivity.

Automated Home Legend

My problem is I think resolved. Honeywell reset my account. It still took a few attempts to register the gateway but eventually in it went and two way communication in the app is back. Honeywell have been very helpful but at the back of mind is that it is/was not a Honeywell issue but something my end. My starting point for that is it works fine for most others! What it is I don't know. It may be my router yet nothing has changed and all worked well until a couple of weeks ago when I was reduced to one way communication. Perhaps someone in the forum may have similar gear to me and know whether there is some setting in the router that ought to be effected.

I have BT Infinity. The line comes into an Open Reach modem. That then feeds a TP-Link Archer D9 wireless router. It can be used as a modem but not I understand with infinity. The feed from the modem goes to the WAN port on the D9. The remaining LAN ports are used to connect to the Honeywell Gateway, and a couple of other things. All works well, wireless is fine whether at 2.4ghz or 5ghz.

One other thing that has happened but only in the last couple of days is my desktop (an iMac) used to connect fine by direct cable to a LAN port on the router but now it won't but does if I use wireless. I have found if I remove the modem cable from the router then the iMac connects to it via cable as I can configure it ok if need be. This latest issue is only in the last couple of days and post dates the issue with the Honeywell Gateway but I can't help wondering that there is a connection between the two issues. It started to happen after I reset the router to factory defaults a couple of days ago when having the Gateway issues thinking that I should try everything.

So if anyone knows their routers I'd be delighted if they could point me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    My problem is I think resolved. Honeywell reset my account. It still took a few attempts to register the gateway but eventually in it went and two way communication in the app is back. Honeywell have been very helpful but at the back of mind is that it is/was not a Honeywell issue but something my end. My starting point for that is it works fine for most others! What it is I don't know. It may be my router yet nothing has changed and all worked well until a couple of weeks ago when I was reduced to one way communication. Perhaps someone in the forum may have similar gear to me and know whether there is some setting in the router that ought to be effected.

I have BT Infinity. The line comes into an Open Reach modem. That then feeds a TP-Link Archer D9 wireless router. It can be used as a modem but not I understand with infinity. The feed from the modem goes to the WAN port on the D9. The remaining LAN ports are used to connect to the Honeywell Gateway, and a couple of other things. All works well, wireless is fine whether at 2.4ghz or 5ghz.

One other thing that has happened but only in the last couple of days is my desktop (an iMac) used to connect fine by direct cable to a LAN port on the router but now it won't but does if I use wireless. I have found if I remove the modem cable from the router then the iMac connects to it via cable as I can configure it ok if need be. This latest issue is only in the last couple of days and post dates the issue with the Honeywell Gateway but I can't help wondering that there is a connection between the two issues. It started to happen after I reset the router to factory defaults a couple of days ago when having the Gateway issues thinking that I should try everything.

So if anyone knows their routers I'd be delighted if they could point me in the right direction.
    Bt infinity has been known to cause problems with smart devices as the IP address is not fixed.
    This shouldn't cause you a problem with the RFG100 as it is very tolerant and not dependant on having a fixed IP address.
    Worthwhile contacting BT and asking for the latest hub, and turn off the BTopenreach/wifi access -you may find a neighbour is using your broadband!
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Legend

No chance of my neighbour accessing my wireless. The Open Reach modem is not a wireless one but is cabled to the router. The latter is passworded. Mind you I can access one of my neighbours' connections, must tell him! What I might try is to connect my BT Homehub 5 direct to the telephone line (disconnecting the Open Reach Modem), switch off WiFi on the BT Homehub and see if I can connect that to the TP-Link Archer D9 to use it as a wireless router only.

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    No chance of my neighbour accessing my wireless. The Open Reach modem is not a wireless one but is cabled to the router. The latter is passworded. Mind you I can access one of my neighbours' connections, must tell him! What I might try is to connect my BT Homehub 5 direct to the telephone line (disconnecting the Open Reach Modem), switch off WiFi on the BT Homehub and see if I can connect that to the TP-Link Archer D9 to use it as a wireless router only.
    You need to keep the White box as far as I understand it, well we do anyway as we have the BT Vision tv...
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.