Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evohome Controller - Rechargeable Battery life

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sharpener View Post
    Used to be a big problem with NiCads, not nearly so much with the newer nickel-metal-hybrids. (Also they suffer less from self-discharge in storage.)

How do you set up yr system and investigate the numerous issues you have reported without moving the controller about the house? But don't let the batteries go completely flat or you will have the same problems as me!
    Thanks. The issues are as reported in the Faults Log: I am not sure what value there is in moving the controller around the house. After further discussion with Evohome and my installer, it has now been agreed that the BDRs need to be moved to the top of my airing cupboard away from anything that looks vaguely like it might be metal. There was also a question raised about the BDRs themselves which, I am told, have been updated. The installer is also going to double check that all the old control systems have been fully isolated.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    The issues are as reported in the Faults Log: I am not sure what value there is in moving the controller around the house.
    I've found that when re-binding all 8 actuators (which I had to do last Saturday and again on Monday) it's quicker to take the controller round the various rooms than run backwards and forwards pressing the Bind buttons or taking all the actuators to the central position.

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    There was also a question raised about the BDRs themselves which, I am told, have been updated.
    Grateful if you would post here anything you can find out about this, I have had unexplained boiler firing and suspect my BDR is the culprit

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sharpener View Post
    I've found that when re-binding all 8 actuators (which I had to do last Saturday and again on Monday) it's quicker to take the controller round the various rooms than run backwards and forwards pressing the Bind buttons or taking all the actuators to the central position.
    Grateful if you would post here anything you can find out about this, I have had unexplained boiler firing and suspect my BDR is the culprit
    ......errr is not that the way to do it anyway - take the controller to the TRV?!

Not sure if anyone else has noticed it but of late it seems the annoying bleep from the controller when out of its charger does not start up as soon as it used to.