• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orange
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2014

Evohome: changing schedule from IOS app

is it just me or does changing the timing schedule from the iphone app not actually work ?

setting temporary over-rides working fine.
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

When mine was working anything I changed in the app changed the controller. At present no matter what I change in the app it does not do anything. One way communication - the app receives status updates but only if I am at home and on WiFi. I cannot make changes in the app at all. Honeywell Support are currently looking into it. Cannot connect with the server at all using my iPhone away from home. All was fine until the middle of last week.

Comment

• Rameses
      Industry Expert
      • Nov 2014

Please make sure you tap the 'tick' (top right hand side) to commit the changes - this works for me, and well (I would say that though) - reason I know is because I use this route to mass change my schedule in one go. The extra real estate helps.
      See pic

IMG_0634.jpg
      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• orange
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2014

I definitely tapped the click - I even went back into the schedule after to double check......I didn't look at the controller afterwards. I only noticed the problem this morning when the heating didn't come on.

Will experiment again tonight.

FWIW the IOS app is still a little flakey - especially if you leave it running in the background. I suspect I see a crash in 25% percent of cases when I return to it. It's probably more than that if the phone has changed cell or from 3g/4g/wifi.

Comment

• orange
          Automated Home Guru
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by orange View Post
          I definitely tapped the click - I even went back into the schedule after to double check......I didn't look at the controller afterwards. I only noticed the problem this morning when the heating didn't come on.

Will experiment again tonight.

FWIW the IOS app is still a little flakey - especially if you leave it running in the background. I suspect I see a crash in 25% percent of cases when I return to it. It's probably more than that if the phone has changed cell or from 3g/4g/wifi.
          Yep, that's broken for me. Tried resetting the gateway but no difference.

If I schedule a change it appears in the app - but is not reflected on the controller.

If I wait for 20 mins it disappears from the app too

I'll log a call with Honeywell

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

Yep, that's broken for me. Tried resetting the gateway but no difference.

If I schedule a change it appears in the app - but is not reflected on the controller.

If I wait for 20 mins it disappears from the app too

I'll log a call with Honeywell
            Ok - but before you do - make sure you have tried all the stuff they will tell you.

Uninstall app, reinstall app
            tried another device, etc.
            Have you rebooted (full power off gateway) and evohome (batteries out etc). You might have app on IOS updated but firmware push which enables the setting saves might have failed. etc. So you might be out of sync. Please try these things first - then they will do a deep dive into your issue.

It does work, we just need to find out why on your device.
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• orange
              Automated Home Guru
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
              Ok - but before you do - make sure you have tried all the stuff they will tell you.

Uninstall app, reinstall app
              tried another device, etc.
              Have you rebooted (full power off gateway) and evohome (batteries out etc). You might have app on IOS updated but firmware push which enables the setting saves might have failed. etc. So you might be out of sync. Please try these things first - then they will do a deep dive into your issue.

It does work, we just need to find out why on your device.

All fair points and thanks for the reply.

I've done the uninstall and reinstall
              Same problem with an iPad
              Rebooted the gateway
              No way I'm rebooting the controller - it's freezing out there and I'm not waiting the potential hours for it all to start working again with 12 zones.
              I can't see anywhere that I can set "firmware push" ?

As I say I can set temporary overrides fine

Comment

• Rameses
                Industry Expert
                • Nov 2014

All fair points and thanks for the reply.

I've done the uninstall and reinstall
                Same problem with an iPad
                Rebooted the gateway
                No way I'm rebooting the controller - it's freezing out there and I'm not waiting the potential hours for it all to start working again with 12 zones.
                I can't see anywhere that I can set "firmware push" ?

As I say I can set temporary overrides fine
                Ha - you wont lose the schedule. The Hr92s will not take long to sync. (famous last words) - they will remain in their open position until told to do otherwise. But no problem if you dont & understand if you would rather do.

The firmware push is instigated automatically (if there is one to be pushed to the gateway) when the gateway re-establishes connection with the TCC servers. Nothing for you do here.

Comment

• orange
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Dec 2014

sync took 2 hours

called it in to support but they don't know what's happening.

My guess is that the sync between the controller and TCC isn't working properly.

The app seems to update the server as you can see the change to the schedule that you have made even after restarting the app but it never makes it to the controller - what seems to happen then is after a few minutes that change disappears - probably because the controller has synced to the server and overwritten the change.

just a guess of course.

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

sync took 2 hours

called it in to support but they don't know what's happening.

My guess is that the sync between the controller and TCC isn't working properly.

The app seems to update the server as you can see the change to the schedule that you have made even after restarting the app but it never makes it to the controller - what seems to happen then is after a few minutes that change disappears - probably because the controller has synced to the server and overwritten the change.

just a guess of course.

Sync time. As mentioned elsewhere when I did it all the weekend for other reasons the TRVs were synced within 5 minutes, much less than that. Also for other reasons a battery out of the Controller exercise was done twice yesterday and when you put the batteries back it has to sync again. They do not all come back together to avoid conflicts but in all 5 minutes or so it all done. As you will see there are no problems taking power away from the controller including the batteries, the data remains safe. However, if you do a factory reset then that is a bigger issue.

Your other issue sounds similar to one I have had since this time last week. I can make changes in the app, they show as done on another IOS device but never get through the controller and then disappear, yet changes in the controller get through to the app. A one way system, Honeywell Support are on to this for me. Their help has been great.

Comment

• orange
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                      Your other issue sounds similar to one I have had since this time last week. I can make changes in the app, they show as done on another IOS device but never get through the controller and then disappear, yet changes in the controller get through to the app. A one way system, Honeywell Support are on to this for me. Their help has been great.
                      that does sound very similar - Honeywell gave a bit of a shrug when I spoke to them - what have they said to you ?

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

that does sound very similar - Honeywell gave a bit of a shrug when I spoke to them - what have they said to you ?
                        It is suspected the Gateway may be at fault and if so will replace it. It does look that way. The Gateway sees the internet, binds with the controller and to all intents and purposes is happy. The system the other end (on the server) does not appear to share the same happiness with it. Deleting the location in my account and then trying to re-register the Gateway is a no go as I cannot re-register. From what you describe you have a similar issue and am sure that in looking at mine they will also be looking at yours to check for similarity. We are though 2 out of many other users who have no problems, whether we have dug out a deep seated issue or just had the bad luck to have a bad bit of hardware remains to be seen. They do read this forum as well. Have faith! My dealing with Honeywell was by email but I think the customer number is 03001 301 299 (which you probably have) and if you ring them tell them you are aware of another with not dissimilar issues and if they have not done so already will look at both to check on similarities. If you email them they need to know the MAC code of your Gateway and the CRC number (on the bottom of the gateway) plus the email address used for access to your account.

Comment

• orange
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Dec 2014

Still no action from Honeywell on my issue - chased them and there is no update and they said it can take a few weeks for UK support to reply. I would have thought that being a premium product it would have slightly snappier support, especially as it's a heating system.

disappointing IMO

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                            Site Sponsor
                            • Dec 2014

Still no action from Honeywell on my issue - chased them and there is no update and they said it can take a few weeks for UK support to reply. I would have thought that being a premium product it would have slightly snappier support, especially as it's a heating system.

disappointing IMO
                            Give 'top brake' a PM on here, he will be able to push this for you...

Comment

• orange
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Dec 2014

Thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
                              X