• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    Give 'top brake' a PM on here, he will be able to push this for you...
    Sorry but I am not able to offer support by pm here
    Please contact the Evohome consumer support and they will escalate for you through the process which is usually within a working day. It definitely shouldnt take weeks.
    Last edited by top brake; 8 February 2015, 06:38 PM.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• orange
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
      Sorry but I am not able to offer support by pm here
      Please contact the Evohome consumer support and they will escalate for you through the process which is usually within a working day. It definitely shouldnt take weeks.
      Hi

I tried escalating but the support guy said there was nothing he could do. He was the one who said it could take weeks as it had been referred to the UK (?) and not being dealt with in the Netherlands.

I'm fairly convinced the issue is with Honeywell here as I deleted the location and re-added it - even deleted the account and started again.

Imagine if this was a case of having no heating - a wait of weeks is not acceptable IMO.

For me the lesson in this is that Honeywell aren't really geared up to support this properly. It's the kind of thing you see all the time when traditional hardware manufacturers get involved with consumer facing software

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by orange View Post
        Hi

I tried escalating but the support guy said there was nothing he could do. He was the one who said it could take weeks as it had been referred to the UK (?) and not being dealt with in the Netherlands.

I'm fairly convinced the issue is with Honeywell here as I deleted the location and re-added it - even deleted the account and started again.

Imagine if this was a case of having no heating - a wait of weeks is not acceptable IMO.

For me the lesson in this is that Honeywell aren't really geared up to support this properly. It's the kind of thing you see all the time when traditional hardware manufacturers get involved with consumer facing software
        I will look into this for you as it seems to have fallen through the process.
        I will contact you

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
          Site Sponsor
          • Dec 2014

The evohome product is independent from the Server/App control so this would never be the case.

The biggest problem with trying to technically support evohome is that there are so many applications it can be integrated into and unless you are fully trained and experienced with heating systems, asking a manufacturer to support something you personally have applied evohome to is difficult (I know, I support all my customers over a wide variety of applications and you need all the background to make correct decisions).

Server level or software problems are something out of my 'competency' level I am afraid and need to be dealt with at manufacturer level.

Comment

• orange
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
            The evohome product is independent from the Server/App control so this would never be the case.
            Hi

I don't believe that is necessarily the case. They roll out firmware updates to the gateways without notification (or permission?) who knows what that might break ? Where's the change log ? There is an implication that these gateway updates can add/remove features so we have no idea what could happen.

Additionally I'm using a base system - ALL Honeywell evohome with the official IOS app - which I personally rely on for the way I use my system AND which Honeywell use as a major selling point. This should 'just work' and if not they should be able to swiftly support it. It appears to me that at this point they can't do that.

I understand that for the majority (?) of users it works but they need to work on support for their own system for the times it doesn't.....

Just my opinion obviously

(Ps the customer service guy said that if the couldn't resolve the problem then I would be welcome to return the whole system (!!!!!! - back to the evohome shop !) - doesn't inspire much confidence)

Comment

• Rameses
              Industry Expert
              • Nov 2014

Hi

I don't believe that is necessarily the case. They roll out firmware updates to the gateways without notification (or permission?) who knows what that might break ? Where's the change log ? There is an implication that these gateway updates can add/remove features so we have no idea what could happen.

Additionally I'm using a base system - ALL Honeywell evohome with the official IOS app - which I personally rely on for the way I use my system AND which Honeywell use as a major selling point. This should 'just work' and if not they should be able to swiftly support it. It appears to me that at this point they can't do that.

I understand that for the majority (?) of users it works but they need to work on support for their own system for the times it doesn't.....

Just my opinion obviously

(Ps the customer service guy said that if the couldn't resolve the problem then I would be welcome to return the whole system (!!!!!! - back to the evohome shop !) - doesn't inspire much confidence)

Ok - taking a step back - just to clarify (as this thread has become a little mixed)

You are unable to make changes to the schedule via the IOS app? Is this your outstanding issue? (you mentioned in other post everything else was fine) Or has there been additional problems.

In addition to this

- Have your replied/or been contact by Top Brake as mentioned in the post above?
              - Have you Hard rebooted the gateway ( not just off and on - I am talking about a proper finger hold for 10 secs on the bind button) (ps you might have to rebind here which is not a big effort) - and removed power from touch controller (first one then the other)

The reason for the above is it sounds like your App is ahead of your Gateway in terms of versions. So by hard rebooting the gateway this will allow it to reconnect (from fresh) which will initiate a handshake with the firmware delivery services. Once aligned - the App should work as intended.

If the above does not work - then the shortest route to getting you sorted is getting you a new gateway. All of which should be happening. But where possible we want to try basic fixes first as obviously its better to get you up and running with the kit you have. The fact you have a majority 'working' system gives me confidence the above is the case.

With regards to your other points - our customer services team will walk you though basic support first, then escalate. So your 'case' should be in escalation - hence the reason why the question above. Presume you have been email [email protected] (?)

As for change control/etc - we notify in this forum and via direct email to account holders, when there is something to notify about. We will never remove functionality. Any new additions will be communicated (as with the major update moving to scheduling function)
              getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• orange
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                Ok - taking a step back - just to clarify (as this thread has become a little mixed)
                (snip)
                hi Rameses - obviously I'm getting a little disheartened but genuinely appreciate your support.

to clarify -

temporary overrides seem to work ok from the app (both read, modify and write)
                schedule changes do no work from the app - you can read and delete existing but can't add new - never makes it to the controller

steps I've tried:

-IOS app - latest version on latest version of IOS on both ipad and iPhone. Uninstalled/reinstalled both
                -rebooted controller (batteries out)
                -rebooted gateway
                -reset gateway (long press) and rebound to controller
                -reset controller again
                -removed the gateway from TCC
                -removed location from TCC then re-added location/gateway to TCC
                -deleted account and re-added account

tried after all these steps and no change.

support have ALL this information (plus MAC/CRC etc) for a week or so and I do have a ticket number - I've tried escalating and was told that as the ticket had been bounced over to the UK it would take a couple more weeks <?>
                It was done over the phone not email - but I had similar response from email in the past.
                they have NOT walked me through anything - and have offered NO actual solutions at this stage NOT even any suggestions. Hence I don't believe they can actually support it.
                I've also PMed Top Brake as requested

-------

also I've never had an email re: firmware updates - I did see your post from 12th December - but you shouldn't need to refer to this forum for this kind of information IMHO you should proactively send out this info to your registered user base.

Comment

• Rameses
                  Industry Expert
                  • Nov 2014

hi Rameses - obviously I'm getting a little disheartened but genuinely appreciate your support.

to clarify -

temporary overrides seem to work ok from the app (both read, modify and write)
                  schedule changes do no work from the app - you can read and delete existing but can't add new - never makes it to the controller

steps I've tried:

-IOS app - latest version on latest version of IOS on both ipad and iPhone. Uninstalled/reinstalled both
                  -rebooted controller (batteries out)
                  -rebooted gateway
                  -reset gateway (long press) and rebound to controller
                  -reset controller again
                  -removed the gateway from TCC
                  -removed location from TCC then re-added location/gateway to TCC
                  -deleted account and re-added account

tried after all these steps and no change.

support have ALL this information (plus MAC/CRC etc) for a week or so and I do have a ticket number - I've tried escalating and was told that as the ticket had been bounced over to the UK it would take a couple more weeks <?>
                  It was done over the phone not email - but I had similar response from email in the past.
                  they have NOT walked me through anything - and have offered NO actual solutions at this stage NOT even any suggestions. Hence I don't believe they can actually support it.
                  I've also PMed Top Brake as requested

-------

also I've never had an email re: firmware updates - I did see your post from 12th December - but you shouldn't need to refer to this forum for this kind of information IMHO you should proactively send out this info to your registered user base.
                  We understand.

I wasn't saying this forum was only place we post. Emails are sent. Please check spam filters.

We will investigate internally the status of your call.

With regards to your tweet they will echo this response.

Do me a favour so I can be sure send an email to [email protected] with your contact details please (if you haven't already)
                  getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• orange
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                    We understand.

I wasn't saying this forum was only place we post. Emails are sent. Please check spam filters.

We will investigate internally the status of your call.

With regards to your tweet they will echo this response.

Do me a favour so I can be sure send an email to [email protected] with your contact details please (if you haven't already)
                    Will do thanks

I certainly have never has any firmware update emails - I don't have any spam filters (I operate my own domain). I'd be interested to find out if anyone has ever had any firmware update notifications ? What dates were these emails sent, I'll check the incoming mail logs.

Additionally I see nothing on your Twitter feed re: pushed firmware updates.
                    Last edited by orange; 10 February 2015, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Mavis
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Oct 2014

I have just checked my emails and I can't see any notifications from Honeywell. (My system was installed in August.) I did get a couple of emails about problems with the app and the new version in September and October but nothing else.

Comment

• orange
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
                        I have just checked my emails and I can't see any notifications from Honeywell. (My system was installed in August.) I did get a couple of emails about problems with the app and the new version in September and October but nothing else.
                        nothing in my mail logs from last year - apart from the ones you got regarding the app updates etc

Comment

• orange
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Dec 2014

quick update - support don't know what the problem is - I just gave them a call and they said that 2nd line had said I 'probably' hadn't been clicking the tick to confirm the changes (!!!!?!!!)..despite the fact I explicitly said I had - plus I also explained the app shows the changes for several minutes afterwards.....Taken over a week to get to this stage.

grrrrr......

Comment

• orange
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Dec 2014

In the absence of knowing what the problem is they sent me a new gateway - obviously that hasn't fixed it.

It's seems fairly obvious to me that they don't have the tools debug what is going on so they are randomly trying things in case the problem fixes itself.

Comment

• top brake
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Feb 2015

In the absence of knowing what the problem is they sent me a new gateway - obviously that hasn't fixed it.

It's seems fairly obvious to me that they don't have the tools debug what is going on so they are randomly trying things in case the problem fixes itself.
                              I just edited schedule on app and it saved no problem. Checked on Evo and it had changed there too. Then edited it on the Evo, opened app and it matched the Evo.

Sounds like you have an issue but from what I see it is not an inherent problem that applies to everyone.
                              Anyone else tried editing on App?

Comment

• orange
                                Automated Home Guru
                                • Dec 2014

Support say other systems are fine (?)

Interestingly over the last few days I've also had this error BUT only on the living room zone (every time). Totally repeatable across multiple IOS devices

image.jpg

Other zones don't give this error, but still don't work.

If I was to guess I would say that whatever online settings Honeywell have are screwed. I've tried deleting locations and even recreated the account - all to no avail.

I suspect that support have no way of checking this stuff (?) so are just attempting the turn it off and on again technique

Very fustrating

Comment

Working...
                                X