Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evohome and Nu-heat UFH

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    Hi Heath

Just get the ufh piping layout and screed thermal mass designed for 45 degree max flow temperature at worst case winter temperatures

You do the same for radiators when running compensated flow temperatures, i.e. slightly bigger.

Running your boiler at lower flow temperatures is a win win as it ensures the boiler heat exchanger is fully condensing and maximum efficiency

Hope this helps
    What he said :-) (beat me to it) In the case of my electric underfloor (totally different I know but just wanted to point out) I kept the supplied thermostat in the mix as it had a temp probe for the floor, but put evohome 'inline' before the supplied thermostat. So evohome would allow the circuit open, but ultimately the vendor supplied stat put a ceiling temp on. (27degrees as the laminate floor max)
    Last edited by Rameses; 21st June 2017 at 03:00 PM.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Guru

On the point of electric underfloor, will there ever be an update to EvoHome to allow us to create electric zones ?

Quote Originally Posted by roydonaldson View Post
    On the point of electric underfloor, will there ever be an update to EvoHome to allow us to create electric zones ?
    You can now - but better future support is planned
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Guru

How ? (without firing the boiler )

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roydonaldson View Post
    (without firing the boiler )
    I think that's the "better future support"....

P.

Automated Home Guru

That's waterfall vs. agile development. A small incremental feature addition could make a big change to the product, but it needs to wait till the next major release.

Electric zone support is featured in future FW release (boiler not firing etc)

Automated Home Jr Member

I've just received the Nu-heat design, which shows manifold ports 1-6 for zone 1 and ports 7-8 for zone 2. Each zone is going to be controlled with a T87RF2033 single zone thermostat. Just noticed in the HCC80R spec that it is limited to 3 thermal actuators per zone. Any suggestions how I can get around the limitation and still end up with only 2 zones for WUFH?

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeathU View Post
    I've just received the Nu-heat design, which shows manifold ports 1-6 for zone 1 and ports 7-8 for zone 2. Each zone is going to be controlled with a T87RF2033 single zone thermostat. Just noticed in the HCC80R spec that it is limited to 3 thermal actuators per zone. Any suggestions how I can get around the limitation and still end up with only 2 zones for WUFH?
    sounds like a large area if there are 6 loops?

i would suggest halving this into 2 zones with a wireless room sensor at either end of the area
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Jr Member

It's an open plan kitchen area (9m x 9m) plus a loop into the utility room. I'd rather avoid multiple zones as I'm nearly maxed on on zones for the evohome controller due to HR92's. Could the 6 actuators be wired into some kind of junction box then into the HCC80R? Seems an odd limitation as other wiring centres must support more than 3 actuators per zone.