Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome Valve Adaptor

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Evohome Valve Adaptor

Hi,

I have had the Evohome controller and hot water controller for some time now and was planning to add a HR92 to each room as money became available. My wife however bought me 4 for my birthday :-)

Unfortunately the Siemens TRVs I have, and thought I'd checked correctly for fitting, turn out to be the "trade" model and as such have an M30x1.0 thread and not the M30x1.5mm thread of the HR92. The EVA1 kit does not fit them either.

Are there adaptors out there to go from M30x1.0 to M30x1.5 so I can screw on the HR92? I really don't want to have to change all the valves in my house :-(

Siemens TRV's are not compatible full stop. For whatever reason they have gone out of their way to make them as incompatible as possible with other industry standard valves.

Automated Home Jr Member

so even with a thread adaptor I won't be able to use the HR92? It looks similar to any other TRV, just with a different thread. What makes them so different?

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blusox69 View Post
    so even with a thread adaptor I won't be able to use the HR92? It looks similar to any other TRV, just with a different thread. What makes them so different?
    thread and pin length incompatible

sorry you will need to change your TRVs
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    thread and pin length incompatible

sorry you will need to change your TRVs
    If you look at the V120-15A we sell - http://www.theevohomeshop.co.uk/prod...adiator-valve/ you will see the pin length is significantly longer on the Siemens one.

Sorry, I have had to change many a Siemens valve myself!

Automated Home Jr Member

I'm not at home at the moment, but from memory the pin doesn't seem much longer than that.

I was hoping that some of these from your site may work

http://www.theevohomeshop.co.uk/prod...valve-adapter/

Quote Originally Posted by Blusox69 View Post
    I'm not at home at the moment, but from memory the pin doesn't seem much longer than that.

I was hoping that some of these from your site may work

http://www.theevohomeshop.co.uk/prod...valve-adapter/
    They won't, I've tried all our adapters on them...

I have dm'd you blusox69
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Lurker

Interesting - just a quick question before I drain everything down...

Do the Siemens TRV bodies have a standard 15mm thread to connect to the pipework, as I have a sneaking suspicion that they don't, which means that to change them, you have to cut the pipe as well to get the olive and nut off.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by mondeoman View Post
    Do the Siemens TRV bodies have a standard 15mm thread to connect to the pipework, as I have a sneaking suspicion that they don't, which means that to change them, you have to cut the pipe as well to get the olive and nut off.
    You can usually get the nut and olive off together by repeatedly tapping the nut with a spanner slid along the pipe. Failing which if you cut the olive carefully with a junior hacksaw blade almost parallel with the axis of the pipe then at least the pipe is still the same length.

But if this is a widespread problem why don't Honeywell (or a third party) make a suitable adaptor? Is it fear of infringing Siemens' design rights?