• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

HR92 - Periodic Cycling

I have some some rooms/zones with schedules that are set up for visitors. When the rooms are not in use, then a low temp is set and Permanent Override selected. I was told that in this situation the Controller will cycle the valves once every 14 days to prevent the valves from sticking. I confess that I have never heard any of these valves cycle nor have I seen any reference to this in any technical notes.

Secondly, are the HR92s cycled periodically when CH is turned off?

What are others doing to keep that TRV pins from sticking?
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
    I have some some rooms/zones with schedules that are set up for visitors. When the rooms are not in use, then a low temp is set and Permanent Override selected. I was told that in this situation the Controller will cycle the valves once every 14 days to prevent the valves from sticking. I confess that I have never heard any of these valves cycle nor have I seen any reference to this in any technical notes.

Secondly, are the HR92s cycled periodically when CH is turned off?

What are others doing to keep that TRV pins from sticking?
    this is covered in the HR92 Installation manual

Valve protection
    If the radiator valve has not been opened once completely within the period of 2 weeks, a self-test (forced operation) is carried out. The radiator controller opens the radiator valve briefly on the subsequent Monday in order to prevent seizing.
    cycl is displayed.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Thanks but the only documentation that I have got is the leaflet from each of the HR92 boxes. I have now found the HR92 installation manual on the WWW.

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

Thanks but the only documentation that I have got is the leaflet from each of the HR92 boxes. I have now found the HR92 installation manual on the WWW.
        just checked a box of 4 HR92 and it is supplied in the box, in the bottom tray of the packaging with the adaptors and wedges (so possible to miss)

Comment

• HenGus
          Automated Home Legend
          • May 2014

Yes - if the installer brought all the kit with him! It was mentioned but, despite having 21 HR92s, I have never heard any of them self-cycle.

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

Yes - if the installer brought all the kit with him! It was mentioned but, despite having 21 HR92s, I have never heard any of them self-cycle.
            Valve protection
            If the radiator valve has not been opened once completely within the period of 2 weeks, a self-test (forced operation) is carried out. The radiator controller opens the radiator valve briefly on the subsequent Monday in order to prevent seizing.
            cycl is displayed.

therefore if your system is operating the TRV completely it will not need to carry out the forced operation

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

Sorry to open up an old thread. Yesterday, i was checking out my system prior to switching it on when the cold season actually starts for real. All of the TRVs are fine but I confess that neither my wife nor I could ever recall hearing the valves cycle (self test) during the period when the CH was turned off. We didn't hear them in 2014 either. Does the CH have to be selected to On for the self-test to take place? My CH was turned to OFF during the summer via the Quick Actions.

Comment

• top brake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Feb 2015

Sorry to open up an old thread. Yesterday, i was checking out my system prior to switching it on when the cold season actually starts for real. All of the TRVs are fine but I confess that neither my wife nor I could ever recall hearing the valves cycle (self test) during the period when the CH was turned off. We didn't hear them in 2014 either. Does the CH have to be selected to On for the self-test to take place? My CH was turned to OFF during the summer via the Quick Actions.
                its unlikely that you would have heard them

as long as they are functional there's no reason for you to be concerned

Comment

• HenGus
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                  its unlikely that you would have heard them

as long as they are functional there's no reason for you to be concerned
                  Thanks. I am not concerned but I am a bit surprised not to hear the odd motor whirr which I do hear when the CH is on.

Comment

Working...
                  X