Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Custom Schedule - Controller or IFTTT

  1. #1
    Automated Home Ninja Mavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    322

    Default Custom Schedule - Controller or IFTTT

    I need a bit of help on this one please.

    The scenario is son is away for the weekend and I would like to lower the temperature in his room but not totally switch it off. The ideal setting is the Economy setting but just for his room. Is there any way of doing this either through the custom setting or via IFTTT?

    By using the Custom Setting does that mean I have to schedule the whole house or can I just create a schedule for his room and the rest of the house operate as normal.

    This won't be a one off so ideally I want something that I can use again (ie using IFTTT with my google calendar)

  2. #2
    Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    the edge of the cloud
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    I need a bit of help on this one please.

    The scenario is son is away for the weekend and I would like to lower the temperature in his room but not totally switch it off. The ideal setting is the Economy setting but just for his room. Is there any way of doing this either through the custom setting or via IFTTT?

    By using the Custom Setting does that mean I have to schedule the whole house or can I just create a schedule for his room and the rest of the house operate as normal.

    This won't be a one off so ideally I want something that I can use again (ie using IFTTT with my google calendar)
    Create custom quick action and schedule as you have described, this then operates 'on top' of the regular schedule if that makes sense?
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

  3. #3
    Automated Home Ninja Mavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Thank you. All set. I wasn't sure if the custom setting had to be set for the whole house. It would be good to have a couple of custom settings.

  4. #4
    Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    the edge of the cloud
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    Thank you. All set. I wasn't sure if the custom setting had to be set for the whole house. It would be good to have a couple of custom settings.
    When my step daughter is away I set her zone on permanent override to a setback temperature. I then cancel the permanent override when she is home.

    You could create an IFTTT receipe to set zone temperature related to geofencing for a single zone.
    Last edited by top brake; 13th February 2015 at 10:46 PM.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

  5. #5
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NE UK
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    I have used the custom setting for a general override at any time to have certain rooms at 21C. As am sure you have found out you can limit the custom menu to just one zone. It would be better though if you could limit the custom menu to a specific time. At present the minimum is one day which seems odd and not sure what was in the mind of the designers at the time. Plus only having one custom setting you can edit is very limiting.

  6. #6
    Automated Home Ninja Mavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    322

    Default

    It is not very clear when you set the Quick action when it will stop. If you press it once I think it says 'set until the morning of the next day' whatever time you set it. So what time is 'the morning'? Also if you press it again it then says one day, two days, etc. So is that 24 hours from when you set it or does it have a preset time (ie 'the morning)

  7. #7
    Automated Home Ninja Mavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    When my step daughter is away I set her zone on permanent override to a setback temperature. I then cancel the permanent override when she is home.

    You could create an IFTTT receipe to set zone temperature related to geofencing for a single zone.
    I think this is probably a good long term solution then it will free up the custom setting. He is now travelling to his kart weekends himself and also works 12 hour shifts over an 8 week shift pattern so there is no schedule I can set. His room is the coldest room in the house so don't really want to set the heating to 10 degrees (our default night time temp) as a default all the time. The added problem is that he is just not interested - he has the app on his phone but all he does if he is too hot is turn the manual dial to off so two days later I go in an discover his radiator is off - he wouldn't think to adjust the temp to something comfortable.

    I need to have a sit down and work out the best way. I will set up an IFTTT account in his name and set up a geofencing recipe and have a play.

  8. #8
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NE UK
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    He clearly does not feel the cold so set it to always off!

  9. #9
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NE UK
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    A good reason to have a second custom menu is staring me in the face at present. We have visitors for a few days, three young grandchildren and their mother. They are in rooms that normally are set to different schedules and temperatures. A second custom menu would mean I could line these rooms up with the rest of the house for a period. It is not possible otherwise without altering all the scheduling.

  10. #10
    Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    the edge of the cloud
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    A good reason to have a second custom menu is staring me in the face at present. We have visitors for a few days, three young grandchildren and their mother. They are in rooms that normally are set to different schedules and temperatures. A second custom menu would mean I could line these rooms up with the rest of the house for a period. It is not possible otherwise without altering all the scheduling.
    Thanks for the feedback

    In the first generation Evo there were 2 'special days'

    In the current model the quick actions were redesigned in response to user focus group feedback.
    I agree 2 custom schedules would be useful.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •