Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Schedule - Controller or IFTTT

Automated Home Legend

Even make the existing ones editable.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Even make the existing ones editable.
    they are all editable to some degree, for example you can change the temperature that is set when 'AWAY'
    but yes only one 'CUSTOM' schedule that works in conjunction with the main schedule

this is easy to edit and as you can only have one quick action at one time you might use that?
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Legend

Other than the one custom action there is not much you can do with the other menus. The "Away" one can only be used to adjust the temperature which then apples to all zones but I guess most would not want all zones changed but still want to have some off.

I suppose you could set up the Day Off action to one day in the week that has what one might need as a second custom but it then means when that day arrives you have to override the day's settings for each zone! err..... no!

Having to keep re-editing the one customisable menu is a pain. It is useful a lot of the time (except it seems to be limited to a minimum 24 hour change when anything from 1 to 24 hours would be more practicable) but when you want to make other changes, because for a period different zones are being used differently, its a hassle. Better to have at least two customisable actions. You can then keep one for those occasions when guests arrive and different zones are used differently plus ensure you can activate for a specific time and not days. Always been puzzled why the one custom action does not provide for shorter time periods. Seems an oversight in the design.

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    they are all editable to some degree, for example you can change the temperature that is set when 'AWAY'
    but yes only one 'CUSTOM' schedule that works in conjunction with the main schedule

this is easy to edit and as you can only have one quick action at one time you might use that?

I know I am getting dangerously close to 'wanting the moon and more' but I discovered last weekend that by using geofencing and IFTTT (which will trigger a quick action - in my case Economy mode) it then overides the custom setting that I had set.

Automated Home Legend

All young ladies want the moon, don't they?!! Geofencing, am hesitant at dabbling with it in case I **** everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    All young ladies want the moon, don't they?!! Geofencing, am hesitant at dabbling with it in case I **** everything up.
    Of course
    Geofencing is easy when used in conjunction with Economy mode if there is only one of you or you do everything together. Still experimenting with it - had a bit of a hiccup with it on Sunday - I set the leaving house radius as being very small (as you want the heating to lower as soon as you leave the house) but set the arriving back radius as being quite large (as you want the house to heat up a bit before getting in the door.) But I hadn't factored in the actual roads it covered and I drove through them to get to another destination so heating switched back on prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    Of course
    Geofencing is easy when used in conjunction with Economy mode if there is only one of you or you do everything together. Still experimenting with it - had a bit of a hiccup with it on Sunday - I set the leaving house radius as being very small (as you want the heating to lower as soon as you leave the house) but set the arriving back radius as being quite large (as you want the house to heat up a bit before getting in the door.) But I hadn't factored in the actual roads it covered and I drove through them to get to another destination so heating switched back on prematurely.
    if you check on IFTTT some helpful chap has created some new recipes

Automated Home Guru

Of course
    Don't both radiuses need to be the same? Otherwise, if your leaving radius is small, it will switch off, but you are now in the radius to switch it back on again, so it will get reverted!

I am surprised there isn't an easier way of Geofencing based on User A + User B. In other words, if User A has left home radius AND User B has left home radius THEN switch heating to away mode. Conversely, if User A OR User B returns to home radius, THEN switch heating back on normal scheduling. I believe this could be done with Life360 and I see a recipe for it.

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    if you check on IFTTT some helpful chap has created some new recipes

My favourites are 'Hot or Cold Shower Based on Hitting my Nike+ Daily Goal' - luckily our hot water isn't controlled by my Evo.

or 'Wet Dog Mode for Evohome' - the mind boggles

My favourites are 'Hot or Cold Shower Based on Hitting my Nike+ Daily Goal' - luckily our hot water isn't controlled by my Evo.

or 'Wet Dog Mode for Evohome' - the mind boggles
    i use wet dog mode, ideal for when the dog gets back from the lunchtime dog walker, and it has been raining