• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mavis
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
    All young ladies want the moon, don't they?!! Geofencing, am hesitant at dabbling with it in case I **** everything up.
    Of course
    Geofencing is easy when used in conjunction with Economy mode if there is only one of you or you do everything together. Still experimenting with it - had a bit of a hiccup with it on Sunday - I set the leaving house radius as being very small (as you want the heating to lower as soon as you leave the house) but set the arriving back radius as being quite large (as you want the house to heat up a bit before getting in the door.) But I hadn't factored in the actual roads it covered and I drove through them to get to another destination so heating switched back on prematurely.

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
      Of course
      Geofencing is easy when used in conjunction with Economy mode if there is only one of you or you do everything together. Still experimenting with it - had a bit of a hiccup with it on Sunday - I set the leaving house radius as being very small (as you want the heating to lower as soon as you leave the house) but set the arriving back radius as being quite large (as you want the house to heat up a bit before getting in the door.) But I hadn't factored in the actual roads it covered and I drove through them to get to another destination so heating switched back on prematurely.
      if you check on IFTTT some helpful chap has created some new recipes
      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• jonstatt
        Automated Home Guru
        • Feb 2015

Of course
        Don't both radiuses need to be the same? Otherwise, if your leaving radius is small, it will switch off, but you are now in the radius to switch it back on again, so it will get reverted!

I am surprised there isn't an easier way of Geofencing based on User A + User B. In other words, if User A has left home radius AND User B has left home radius THEN switch heating to away mode. Conversely, if User A OR User B returns to home radius, THEN switch heating back on normal scheduling. I believe this could be done with Life360 and I see a recipe for it.

Comment

• Mavis
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
          if you check on IFTTT some helpful chap has created some new recipes

My favourites are 'Hot or Cold Shower Based on Hitting my Nike+ Daily Goal' - luckily our hot water isn't controlled by my Evo.

or 'Wet Dog Mode for Evohome' - the mind boggles

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

My favourites are 'Hot or Cold Shower Based on Hitting my Nike+ Daily Goal' - luckily our hot water isn't controlled by my Evo.

or 'Wet Dog Mode for Evohome' - the mind boggles
            i use wet dog mode, ideal for when the dog gets back from the lunchtime dog walker, and it has been raining
            I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Mavis
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by jonstatt View Post
              Don't both radiuses need to be the same? Otherwise, if your leaving radius is small, it will switch off, but you are now in the radius to switch it back on again, so it will get reverted!

I am surprised there isn't an easier way of Geofencing based on User A + User B. In other words, if User A has left home radius AND User B has left home radius THEN switch heating to away mode. Conversely, if User A OR User B returns to home radius, THEN switch heating back on normal scheduling. I believe this could be done with Life360 and I see a recipe for it.
              They are set as two separate recipes..... hmmm I see what you mean. Thinking about it though. after you have left the house and triggered the leaving the house recipe then you are already in the exit radius, therefore you can't trigger it and as you travel out then it presumably it knows whether you are entering or exiting. (I am off work tomorrow and out and about so will test it further.) I think it did work as intended though (apart from me accidentally straying into the area on my travels.)

I have tried the Life360 recipe but it relies on the whole family having the tracking app switched on and son has already twigged that it is a tracking app and I can see exactly where he is

IFTTT could do with getting a bit more complicated as 'IF THIS AND THAT, THEN' would be more useful. Or 'IF THIS AND THAT, THEN THIS AND THAT' so you could have 2 zones of heating coming on when a trigger happens.

Comment

Working...
              X