• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharpener
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by tom2806 View Post
    Is there a wiring diagram that I can pass onto the person coming in. Or does anyone have any siggestions on where this can be connected to.
    As top brake implies, there's more than enough information in this thread already about why you need a minimum of three wires to connect to a BDR91. HenGus and others have also helpfully explained how they are usually colour coded.

Since you have got the three wires required anyone with a modicum of knowledge of heating controls could figure out what to do. So I suggest you stop involving some unqualified mate and get a professional in.

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by sharpener View Post
      As top brake implies, there's more than enough information in this thread already about why you need a minimum of three wires to connect to a BDR91. HenGus and others have also helpfully explained how they are usually colour coded.

Since you have got the three wires required anyone with a modicum of knowledge of heating controls could figure out what to do. So I suggest you stop involving some unqualified mate and get a professional in.
      Like button pressed
      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• erik
        Automated Home Guru
        • Feb 2015

does anyone know if I can use the BDR91 that came with Evohome with the Y87RF that came without a BDR91?

Comment

• top brake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by erik View Post
          does anyone know if I can use the BDR91 that came with Evohome with the Y87RF that came without a BDR91?
          what part numbers and datecodes on the BDR91?
          is this a new Y87?

Comment

• erik
            Automated Home Guru
            • Feb 2015

I'll look up the BDR91 numbers/code when I get home tonight.

The Y87 is actually a T87RF2025, bought it like 3 months ago, I think.

Comment

• top brake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by erik View Post
              I'll look up the BDR91 numbers/code when I get home tonight.

The Y87 is actually a T87RF2025, bought it like 3 months ago, I think.
              OK understood

the T87 'round' is sold as a paired item in the UK with a BDR91 as 'Single Zone Thermostat' Y87RF2024

Comment

• erik
                Automated Home Guru
                • Feb 2015

Allrighty, thank you. Do you think the T87 can be paired with a BDR91 from a Evohome Single Zone Connected kit (in wich case I'll get them tonight)? Or does that depend on the part numbers and datecodes on the BDR91?

Comment

• top brake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Feb 2015

if the BDR91 is from an Evohome colour Connected pack then yes

Comment

• jonstatt
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                    OK understood

the T87 'round' is sold as a paired item in the UK with a BDR91 as 'Single Zone Thermostat' Y87RF2024

http://www.honeywelluk.com/products/...ed-Thermostat/
                    Have you considered selling the T87 separately? (officially....I know, and have purchased a T87 separately from a bundle that has been split by the seller)

Comment

• top brake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by jonstatt View Post
                      Have you considered selling the T87 separately? (officially....I know, and have purchased a T87 separately from a bundle that has been split by the seller)
                      wireless thermostats are usually sold as a pair in the UK as trade customers prefer it that way
                      but yes it has definitely been considered

Comment

• erik
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Feb 2015

I binded the BDR91 to the T87RF2025, thanks. Tonight I'm going to try binding the T87RF2025 to the RFG100 Gateway as well.

Comment

• Rodblue
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Nov 2015

I'm running a 7 zone Evohome system. Including a wet underfloor system covering 63sqm. My wife finds it impossible to use the controller pad... I purchased a T87RF2025 and bound it to the underfloor heating via the evohome controller in the hope that she could simply use the thermostat to alter the heating in that area during the day. I have a problem again... there doesn't seem to be a flame icon during calls for heat on the T87RF2025!? Yesterday I came home to find that zone running at 28C as she didn't think the stat was doing anything. I would appreciate some advice on the missing flame icon or a less technical solution. Thanks

Comment

• Fursty Ferret
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Oct 2014

Rod, the TF87 doesn't show a flame icon when it's pairing to the Evohome system.

Comment

Working...
                            X