• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wallyİ
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by tom2806 View Post
    I'm believe they would operate my pump but will go via the already installed zone valves allowing then to engage and then the boiler is called from a switch on the zone vAlve. If the zone valves are set to always open then the power will go straight to the boiler pump.

I'm just wondering what the grey cable is in the picture. Not actually connected to anything
    It's just part of the 4 wire cable which was used when the wiring was done...nothing to worry about...

Comment

• tom2806
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2015

Ok so connect the live up to L (brown) but then there is no neutral.

Comment

• Wallyİ
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Jan 2015

The blue (N) is the neutral...

Comment

• Wallyİ
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Jan 2015

BDR91.JPG

There you go...

Comment

• tom2806
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Feb 2015

Yes but in my picture of the wires I have there is no blue. Just black brown grey and earth

Comment

• top brake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2015

Yes but in my picture of the wires I have there is no blue. Just black brown grey and earth
              And that's why you need to get a professional in

Heating wiring isn't like wiring a plug

image.jpg
              Last edited by top brake; 23 February 2015, 08:12 AM.
              I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Wallyİ
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Jan 2015

N + L are for the unit power supply... These can come from any circuit... The wires from your pump go into the relais slots

Comment

• tom2806
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Feb 2015

Hi

So ive had a search and found the junction box.

As the builders wont hand over any wiring diagrams or anything its a bit like guess how we've done it.

So the Brown is LIVE and the Black is SWITCH LIVE. These im pretty sure go to the zone valve that are installed and then the zone valve switchs and sends a signal to the boiler.

Have rules changed on colour of wires recently?

Cheers

The GREY wire in the thermo stat I can only guess at being NEUTRAL. Im going with because there is a switch live that makes the circuit the neutral therefore does not need to be connected.

Comment

• top brake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Feb 2015

Hi

As the builders wont hand over any wiring diagrams or anything its a bit like guess how we've done it.

So the Brown is LIVE and the Black is SWITCH LIVE. These im pretty sure go to the zone valve that are installed and then the zone valve switchs and sends a signal to the boiler.

Cheers

The GREY wire in the thermo stat I can only guess at being NEUTRAL. Im going with because there is a switch live that makes the circuit the neutral therefore does not need to be connected.

that's a shame that they wont provide documentation, presumably because it is still under the NHBC guarantee and they don't want to encourage you to modify it...

wire colours have changed according to 17th edition wiring regulations, the only time you will see colours identified on heating system wiring diagrams is for the motorised valves.

Comment

• jonstatt
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Feb 2015

Hi

Cheers

On my installation, grey was indeed neutral.

Comment

• tom2806
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by jonstatt View Post
                        On my installation, grey was indeed neutral.
                        Was the neutral actually connected on your installation. Im going to hunt and find where the other end leads to. Im guessing it wont need connecting if there is a switch live.

Comment

• jonstatt
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Feb 2015

Was the neutral actually connected on your installation. Im going to hunt and find where the other end leads to. Im guessing it wont need connecting if there is a switch live.
                          Yes it was connected, and you will definitely need a neutral for the EVOHOME BDR91 if you are installing it at the thermostat point because it needs a permanent circuit at all times to power the receiver. As per the documentation for the BDR91, it will require, if your wiring is the same as mine, brown to live, grey to neutral, black to switched live (B on the BDR91), and a wire link between the second terminal marked L and A on the BDR91.
                          Last edited by jonstatt; 23 February 2015, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• tom2806
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by jonstatt View Post
                            Yes it was connected, and you will definitely need a neutral for the EVOHOME BDR91 if you are installing it at the thermostat point because it needs a permanent circuit at all times to power the receiver. As per the documentation for the BDR91, it will require, if your wiring is the same as mine, brown to live, grey to neutral, black to switched live (B on the BDR91), and a wire link between the second terminal marked L and A on the BDR91.
                            Thanks for this its perfect.

The boiler must have a live and neutral to the junction box so its just a case of finding out what they have done.

Comment

• tom2806
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Feb 2015

Hi

So ive checked it out and the grey is not connected at either end. Is there a wiring diagram that I can pass onto the person coming in. Or does anyone have any siggestions on where this can be connected to.

I have a block with the 2 zone valve wired into and the 2 thermostats plus the boiler wire.

Comment

• top brake
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Feb 2015

Hi

So ive checked it out and the grey is not connected at either end. Is there a wiring diagram that I can pass onto the person coming in. Or does anyone have any siggestions on where this can be connected to.

I have a block with the 2 zone valve wired into and the 2 thermostats plus the boiler wire.
                                see post #36 above

there is no way to know how your specific heating system has been wired so you need to engage the services of a heating engineer that can interpret the Honeywell wiring diagram and match it to your existing wiring

Comment

Working...
                                X