• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcuslee
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2009

Web Browser (Mobile), can't find 'All Light' object

Hi All,

In a Web Server User's Object rights, I've definitely checkboxed the "All Light" object across all three tabs (ie Web enabled, Viewing, Control), however I can't seem to find it when I web into Cortex.

And yet I'm sure I've seen it once before (I think it's under Structure Database, or was it under Lights).

Any pointers to what I'm doing wrong?

I should add I've also got "All HVAC" enabled, and I can see that.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

It appears under Structure (perhaps it should go under lights) but you can of course also elect to put it into a favourites category or on the home page itself.

Comment

• marcuslee
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Dec 2009

Thanks for prompt reply Karam.

I did actually look there, but I've redone the web settings and I can see it there now.

Cheers,

Marcus

Comment

• marcuslee
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2009

On a follow up, is there anyway to change/configure the Ghost feature to have at least one of lights on continuously during the simulate occupancy period?

Comment

• Karam
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2005

Do you mean a particular light/s should remain on continuously during the simulation period? If so, then one way might be to uncheck that light's option for inclusion into occupancy simulation and connect the All Light 'occupancy simulation active state' output to the follow state input on the light. That would make the light come on when occupancy simulation became active and switch it off when it gets deactivated. But I believe it is just triggered on state change so when occupancy simulation is not active you'd still be able to operate that same light normally.

Comment

• marcuslee
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Karam View Post
            Do you mean a particular light/s should remain on continuously during the simulation period? If so, then one way might be to uncheck that light's option for inclusion into occupancy simulation and connect the All Light 'occupancy simulation active state' output to the follow state input on the light. That would make the light come on when occupancy simulation became active and switch it off when it gets deactivated. But I believe it is just triggered on state change so when occupancy simulation is not active you'd still be able to operate that same light normally.
            Thanks for reply Karam.

No what I meant was, upon checking the house during the ghost simulation I noted there were no lights on during the simulated period. But looking through the All Lights log, I can see it did put lights on, but there are periods of complete no lights on (ie it does an action of turn light on, no lights on whatsoever, another light on, etc)?

Comment

• Viv
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Dec 2004

How many lights have you offered to be part of the simulation?
              How many lights were you wanting on?

It will try and move around between rooms as if a person but goes through closed doors (hence the term ghost).
              Given a choice of several paths it will randomly choose one.
              It may go back and forth betwen rooms also.
              It for some reason it cannot move logically it will sponatenously appear somewhere else in the house.

Because it is part based on random number generations it is theoretical possible for it not to find a suitable light.
              It will try 100 times on each evaluation. But then this should happen many times a second.

So having said all that if you can send us database and history with explanation we will look into it.

Viv.

Comment

• marcuslee
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Viv View Post
                How many lights have you offered to be part of the simulation?
                How many lights were you wanting on?

It will try and move around between rooms as if a person but goes through closed doors (hence the term ghost).
                Given a choice of several paths it will randomly choose one.
                It may go back and forth betwen rooms also.
                It for some reason it cannot move logically it will sponatenously appear somewhere else in the house.

Because it is part based on random number generations it is theoretical possible for it not to find a suitable light.
                It will try 100 times on each evaluation. But then this should happen many times a second.

So having said all that if you can send us database and history with explanation we will look into it.

Viv.
                Hi Viv,

Hmm ok interesting, thanks for the reply. I had used it before (virtually completely different database (much smaller), though), and I did think from previously, it did move through the house and I had observed at least one light on at any one time.

However just checking in this time for (something unrelated), I was surprised to see nothing on at all in the house, and hence the posting on the forum.

When I get a chance, I'll do as you ask.

Cheers,

Marcus

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Dec 2007

we don't check every time, obviously, but one night recently the House was unoccupied & no lights came on - we'd made no change to settings etc, and other unoccupied nights have been suitably ghostly busy, before and after ... so it would seem ghosts do sleep sometimes / quiet nights are possible !
                  Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 28 February 2015, 09:04 PM.
                  Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• spellinn
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Dec 2007

How does one activate (resurrect?) this ghost? I've configured a couple of light objects to "come on occasionally when unoccupied" but looking at the logs I don't see any activity.

Cheers

Neil

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Dec 2007

in Structure List, go to PC / General / All Light, double click & click Behaviour, then select & set the Ghost parameters ... the Help there will help, if needed ...

Comment

• marcuslee
                        Automated Home Ninja
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by chris_j_hunter View Post
                        we don't check every time, obviously, but one night recently the House was unoccupied & no lights came on - we'd made no change to settings etc, and other unoccupied nights have been suitably ghostly busy, before and after ... so it would seem ghosts do sleep sometimes / quiet nights are possible !
                        From the sounds of Viv's reply, it sounds like it should be more consistent with ghost[s] trying to move through the house, therefore there should be at least a light on at any one time...

Anyways my database emailed over to Viv, to see what he makes of it!

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Dec 2007

be sure to post the result ... we've had a couple more nights without the ghosts doing their bit - have to suspect we've done something to upset them, but don't know what it is ! We were enabling them explicitly, and we have deleted that, because the point was covered implicitly, so ... we'll try reverting, and see what happens ...

don't want to overburden the guys, else new developments will be delayed !

Comment

• marcuslee
                            Automated Home Ninja
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by chris_j_hunter View Post
                            be sure to post the result ... we've had a couple more nights without the ghosts doing their bit - have to suspect we've done something to upset them, but don't know what it is ! We were enabling them explicitly, and we have deleted that, because the point was covered implicitly, so ... we'll try reverting, and see what happens ...

don't want to overburden the guys, else new developments will be delayed !
                            Viv did look at my database, and replied really promptly.
                            "I am guessing that these may be false motion detects. Although the rooms eventually time out the House property does not.
                            So because you had motion detects in house and no external door opened it was deemed no one had left house.

If my analysis is correct this would be the reason no light simulation because the house is considered occupied."

I wanted to have a look at this myself before posting back to the thread, but time is running away from me, so thought I best post now (hopefully can do a follow up post after I've had a look more thoroughly).

Comment

• Karam
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Mar 2005

So if you do find that you were getting false motion detects the next step is to see if you can figure out why. If it is a regular occurance then might suggest that a motion sensor is pointing at something which appears as moving heat - could even be by moving occlusion/reflection from other automated functions such as moving blinds (though not so usual overnight). I know I myself encountered a blinds related false motion detect in one installation and the solution I chose was to inhibit the affected PIR for a few seconds around the blind operating duration. Irregular occurances are more difficult to root - but likely can be effectively catered for by below:

There is an option in the House behaviour menu called: "Use external doors opening before allowing rooms to set house occupied". When enabled this will then require that after the house has been deemed to become unoccupied then it will require an external door to be opened before sporadic room occupancy is allowed to make the house become occupied again. Check the related help out for detail.

Comment

Working...
                              X