• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

what would you like to see documented in the evohome manual

I had a trawl through the other threads but could only find requests for new evohome functionality

so

in simple one line sentences
    please list the topics and details that you would like to see in an enhanced manual

I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.
  • jonstatt
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2015

1) The installer parameters should be explained in full. The current manual tells you to go to the EVOHOME website to find details about these paramaters. I haven't actually managed to find where on the official website they are properly described. Instead I resorted to explanations in the forums.

2) Aspects like S-plan, particularly for permutations like plus and minus variants and the impact of the Boiler relay vs sundial dual zone configurations should be fully explained

3) Adding a T87 or similar thermostat should be explained in full in the manual. Right now people are resorting to the forum to get details of this

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by jonstatt View Post
      1) The installer parameters should be explained in full. The current manual tells you to go to the EVOHOME website to find details about these paramaters. I haven't actually managed to find where on the official website they are properly described. Instead I resorted to explanations in the forums.

2) Aspects like S-plan, particularly for permutations like plus and minus variants and the impact of the Boiler relay vs sundial dual zone configurations should be fully explained

3) Adding a T87 or similar thermostat should be explained in full in the manual. Right now people are resorting to the forum to get details of this

1- The parameters are actually covered on the device if you press the '?' But yes easy to capture these in an enhanced manual

2 - Ok thanks, so like the old greyscale application manual?

3 - thanks that is already being worked on, Y87 was released after evohome colour. in the meanwhile being covered in FAQ

Comment

• Mavis
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Oct 2014

Adding DT92s or equivalent into an existing setup (and setting out what role the DT92 has and what role the HR92 has) and also where the window sensor or other functions fits into this

Comment

• top brake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
          Adding DT92s or equivalent into an existing setup (and setting out what role the DT92 has and what role the HR92 has) and also where the window sensor or other functions fits into this
          yes, good suggestion, thanks

edit.
          just checked and this is covered in youlearn about evohome http://youlearn.honeywelluk.com/
          Last edited by top brake; 24 February 2015, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• orange
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2014

without sounding like Donald Rumsfeld - we do not know what information we don't know.

I've heard that the approved installer documentation has much more info - why can't we have this ?

I think it would be useful to have an overview of the software side of the system - how and when schedules are synced to the server ? . What is the role of the gateway (apart from a general internet connection) - can this push software to the controller ?.

What actual data you are collecting and storing (is there a privacy statement anywhere). Is this data stored on the gateway ?

an explanation of some of the oddities/inconsistencies of the system (such as why we can't see local hr92 overrides on the controller)

the evohome shop has already helpfully posted a thread about tips etc....why is this not in the official documentation.

This particular forum has been filled with evohome questions - why not have an official support forum (like virtually EVERY other hitech company) ?

Comment

• top brake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by orange View Post
              without sounding like Donald Rumsfeld - we do not know what information we don't know.

I've heard that the approved installer documentation has much more info - why can't we have this ?

I think it would be useful to have an overview of the software side of the system - how and when schedules are synced to the server ? . What is the role of the gateway (apart from a general internet connection) - can this push software to the controller ?.

What actual data you are collecting and storing (is there a privacy statement anywhere). Is this data stored on the gateway ?

an explanation of some of the oddities/inconsistencies of the system (such as why we can't see local hr92 overrides on the controller)

the evohome shop has already helpfully posted a thread about tips etc....why is this not in the official documentation.

This particular forum has been filled with evohome questions - why not have an official support forum (like virtually EVERY other hitech company) ?
              Great feedback thanks, a few things I can respond with

The youlearn about evohome IS the 'approved installer documentation'

Regarding data security good question, the terms and conditions are available here
              Get access to your Total Connect Comfort Europe account. Not a user yet? Create an account now and discover a new comfort zone.

The FAQ will be incorporated into the documentation, that's the path

Regarding official forum, watch this space
              Last edited by top brake; 24 February 2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• orange
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                Regarding data security good question, the terms and conditions are available here
                https://europe.mytotalconnectcomfort...sAndConditions
                "For convenience, we refer to the combination of products, software, and services we provide to you as the “System.”

"The System is licensed to you, not sold. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Honeywell grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license (without the right to sublicense except as set forth below) to use the System, and its related Honeywell Software, solely for your personal use in monitoring your home or business. "

Basically you don't own it - if you sell your property then you can't leave it behind.

"The Federal Communications Commission may require that Honeywell have immediate access to your equipment in the event of an emergency. You agree to provide such access as is necessary in an emergency to either your central station or dealer or Honeywell network representatives as required"

!!!

"We may also share your Consumer Information, including your Contact Information, Service Information and Usage Information, with certain selected third parties, such as our business partners, for marketing purposes,"

Selected 3rd parties - are we automatically opted in ? Not very clear.

Who are you sharing (selling !) our data to ? This includes our schedules so you can tell when we're in and when we're out......and you're selling this data.

How is this "secure".

WOW

I see a "samsung smart TV" type news story in the near future
                Last edited by orange; 24 February 2015, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

"For convenience, we refer to the combination of products, software, and services we provide to you as the “System.”

"The System is licensed to you, not sold. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Honeywell grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license (without the right to sublicense except as set forth below) to use the System, and its related Honeywell Software, solely for your personal use in monitoring your home or business. "

Basically you don't own it - if you sell your property then you can't leave it behind.

"The Federal Communications Commission may require that Honeywell have immediate access to your equipment in the event of an emergency. You agree to provide such access as is necessary in an emergency to either your central station or dealer or Honeywell network representatives as required"

!!!

"We may also share your Consumer Information, including your Contact Information, Service Information and Usage Information, with certain selected third parties, such as our business partners, for marketing purposes,"

Selected 3rd parties - are we automatically opted in ? Not very clear.

Who are you sharing (selling !) our data to ? This includes our schedules so you can tell when we're in and when we're out......and you're selling this data.

How is this "secure"

WOW
                  Orange. Three very relevant points. A house seller will have to obtain Honeywell's consent to leave the system in the house; not sure why the USA should have any access to my equipment and I suspect legally in the UK they are out of their jurisdiction (point that needs to be tidied up); sharing consumer information without the consent of the individual is an offence in the UK, thus unless Honeywell have obtained consent by the usual route of opt in our out requests they are acting illegally if any data is shared and are subject to a hefty fine. Its a criminal offence.

Comment

• orange
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Dec 2014

I've just emailed them to opt out as per the privacy statesment. Let's see what reply I get

Comment

• top brake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Feb 2015

So does this mean that you would like to see these terms and conditions in the user guide?

Comment

• orange
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Dec 2014

I think some it needs to be pointed out before purchase

Comment

• top brake
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Feb 2015

I think some it needs to be pointed out before purchase
                          Added to this pre-sales website then?

Comment

• orange
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Dec 2014

That would be fine. Part of the FAQ - pointing out you are only licensing it for your own use and not the actual owner (of the hardware)

Comment

• erik
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Feb 2015

That's some scary license agreement.

Comment

Working...
                              X