Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
    Yep.......

Comment

• Rameses
      Industry Expert
      • Nov 2014

Honeywell will never use your personal details without your consent.

Exact line from Honeywell's privacy statement and EULA
      ", we do not share your personally-identifiable Contact Information with anyone without your express consent"

We may also share your Consumer Information, including your Contact Information, Service Information and Usage Information, with certain selected third parties, such as our business partners, for marketing purposes, where we have obtained your consent to do so.

We may use anonymous data, to improve products and services. But no personal details, information etc, is ever transacted unless it is without prior consent.

When you agree to the EULA (part of account registration) - you are not giving consent. You are agreeing to the EULA.

At this time Honeywell has not ever asked any of its current users to give consent. This may come in the future, but the default position is that any user has by default not given consent. This will not change now or ever.

We comply (and in many cases exceed) with all local laws on data privacy.

If you email dataprivacy@honeywell.com and request to 'opt out' you are opting out of receiving ANY information from Honeywell that Honeywell may want to send to you. For instance if we launched a new product we might mail you. We are not big on spam, as we hate it too, so to-date the only mails sent have been in relation to product news relating to the development of the product (eg IFTTT, new app etc)

Service alerts from the system are controlled by the user - this can be amended by the user.

If there is any doubt or confusion over the above - then please DM me.
      Last edited by Rameses; 27 February 2015, 12:23 AM.
      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Yup, that's who I emailed.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

The legal position:

"The most important thing to remember is that you can only carry out unsolicited electronic marketing if the person you're targeting has given you their permission

However, there is an exception to this rule. Known as the 'soft opt-in' it applies if the following conditions are met;

where you've obtained a person's details in the course of a sale or negotiations for a sale of a product or service;
          where the messages are only marketing similar products or services; and
          where the person is given a simple opportunity to refuse marketing when their details are collected, and if they don't opt out at this point, are given a simple way to do so in future messages."

The rules go on to say the option must be clear (I consider that does not mean buried in fine print where it cannot be seen) and also the ability to opt out there at the time the contract is made. You cannot do that when opening a Honeywell account as there is no provision to do so. You can only do it after opening the account. The ICO also give detailed guidance - the recommendation of using tick boxes that are clear.

Honeywell need to change this in my view not least because there is no option to opt in or out at the time of the agreement but also greater clarity that the option is there in compliance with the rules. I wonder if how the conditions have been drafted stems from using them between companies where the rules are different?

Comment

• erik
            Automated Home Guru
            • Feb 2015

Thanks for that reply, Rameses. You're again confirming my believe about Honeywell being serious about privacy. Bonus points

Comment

• orange
              Automated Home Guru
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
              Exact line from Honeywell's privacy statement and EULA
              ", we do not share your personally-identifiable Contact Information with anyone without your express consent"
              Ramases you are deliberately, deceptively and selectively quoting: The full line is:

"Unless otherwise stated herein or in the Honeywell Privacy Statement, we do not share your personally-identifiable Contact Information with anyone without your express consent."

you did leave the comma in though.

The privacy statement then goes on to list the exceptions.

PS still no information from my emails (I've sent 3)

can you give us a formal statement from Honeywell on this ?

Comment

• orange
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by erik View Post
                Thanks for that reply, Rameses. You're again confirming my believe about Honeywell being serious about privacy. Bonus points
                erik - don't believe everything you read The devil is very often in the details

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

...and I am still of the opinion that Honeywell's conditions are not compliant with the Data Protection Act. You are required to give the option before the contract is made. In opening an account for Evohome you are accepting the terms before being able to exercise the option. It is the wrong way round surely?

Comment

• top brake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Feb 2015

So looks like the thread got well and truly hijacked
                    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• orange
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Dec 2014

Welcome to the Internet

Comment

• bluemike1676
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                        I had a trawl through the other threads but could only find requests for new evohome functionality

so

in simple one line sentences
                        please list the topics and details that you would like to see in an enhanced manual

Extra technical documentation is needed so that installers and users can get the most from the system and troubleshoot problems themselves without calling Honeywell or getting so frustrated they get disillusioned by the system. I would suggest the following need to be included in this supplementary technical documentation.

Target audience:
                        • Installers and expert self-installers who have successfully completed the online training and have a reasonable knowledge of configuring central heating and probably some knowledge of configuring computer-mechanical systems.

The technical documentation should include many things including those listed below. The greyscale manual is probably a good starting point but more is needed:
                        • Decent detailed documentation about how the system works and the different config options. For instance explaining how the objects/data is structured internally and how each relates to the other. For instance how the boiler demand function relates to the CH/HW valves, how the multi-room function works and what it does, how multiple sensors and actuators in a zone are handled
                        • A logic diagram of the total config tree as it is implemented in the evohome controller and what each element in the config tree means and its implications for other parts of the system
                        • How optimisation works and what to expect when it is turned on
                        • How the different types of zones (radiator, zone valve etc.) work and the various components relate to each other.
                        • How to check the system is configured in the way you assume. For instance what is bound to the system and the function of the bound device
                        • Description of the communication architecture. For instance how often comms happens between various components and what happens if the communication is disturbed in some way. Is there a difference between comms to/from battery devices such a HR92 and mains powered devices such as BDR91a
                        • How the reset the system completely
                        • How to include fail safes such as an upper limit HW thermostat and frost stat

It would be good for the technical documentation to have four sections:
                        • A reference section containing all the technical reference material (as described above)
                        • An application section showing how to structure and configure the system for a range of existing setups (for instance sundial S and Y plans). What are the permissible configuration scenarios, recommended configurations, guidance on how to divide up the system into zones etc.
                        • A wizard section showing how to complete key tasks such as add a zone, change the master sensor in a radiator zone with multiple HR92s etc. (the existing doco mostly addresses this)
                        • A trouble shooting section covering how to trouble shoot common failure scenarios such as intermittent communication failures/errors

The four sections deal with 4 different 'dimensions' in the knowledge/skills required to effectively understand, setup and troubleshoot the system

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X