Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what would you like to see documented in the evohome manual

Automated Home Legend

[QUOTE=top brake;21220]thanks for all your responses about the terms and conditions (that you will have signed up to when registering the TCC account*), I have linked to this thread and passed to Honeywell Data Privacy for their consideration

*https://europe.mytotalconnectcomfort...count/Register

Hope they sort it quickly for it appears no option to opt in or out is given and by law I am sure that has to be. Have just accessed my Account and there is no option provided there to update my position. How it is done is buried deep in the conditions and not I think sufficient to comply with current law. It is why staring us in the face do we see these opt out/in provisions when opening accounts. Some bury them in tiny print, tucked away in a paragraph so small it is easy not to see it!

Back to subject! I think it is now down to someone (Honeywell!!) to correlate all the ideas that have come from this forum. Most aspects seem to have been covered - yes I know, Honeywell will go to print and then another point will arise, but that is life!

Automated Home Guru

Quick update on being removed from the "sell my details" list. Not a peep from Honeywell, no response to my email (to the email address you are asked to use in the privacy statement) not even an automated acknowledgement of email received.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    Quick update on being removed from the "sell my details" list. Not a peep from Honeywell, no response to my email (to the email address you are asked to use in the privacy statement) not even an automated acknowledgement of email received.
    after this came up last night i tested it and today I got a response from a real person so perhaps your email wasn't received

they are aware of this thread
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    after this came up last night i tested it and today I got a response from a real person so perhaps your email wasn't received

they are aware of this thread
    I've emailed twice

Automated Home Legend

I sent the following at 15:38 today, no reply as yet.

"I have a Honeywell Evohome Account, the id is this email address.

I cannot recollect being given the option to opt in or out of your wish to use my data for third party use, or any form of marketing use, at the time I opened the account and in accordance with UK law I understand that option has to be clearly given to customers at the outset.

Will you please accept this email as confirmation that I wish to opt out of any provision for my data to be used for marketing, sales or by third parties or other promotional communications.

I note there is no provision to do this in the Account itself and how to do it is buried deep. I am not so sure this legal."

Automated Home Guru

My personal experience with Honeywell and privacy so far is actually very good. The Honeywell employees I've spoken to so far were all very careful about it and really seemed conscious of the importance of privacy for their customers.

Automated Home Jr Member

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    Regarding cycle rates on an S/Y Plan plus HR92 zoned system an explanation is being prepared.
    When I have something that can be easily explained and understood in laymans terms I will share it.
    I think this should be documented in the manual; there must be loads of these systems being installed out there to heating appliances where cycle rates should be kept within certain limits, for example older cast-iron hex boilers like mine.

I also think it should be possible to adjust the cycle rates on heating zone valve relays for the above reasons...but I guess that is one for the other thread about features we would like to see provided. I also might change my mind about this depending on the explanation of the cycling that we receive!
    Last edited by thepook; 26th February 2015 at 12:19 PM.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I've emailed twice
    still nothing - I've tried emailing yet again

Automated Home Legend

I've had no reply either.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.