Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Balancing EvoHome zone with multiple HR92s

Automated Home Jr Member

If the two HR92s are bound to the same zone, and one is designated at the temperature sensor, then even if one HR92 is on FUL stroke and the other on DEF, then they should both activate at the same time. They may well show different valve position, but they will be synchronised in time. Might be worth checking...

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
    If the two HR92s are bound to the same zone, and one is designated at the temperature sensor, then even if one HR92 is on FUL stroke and the other on DEF, then they should both activate at the same time. They may well show different valve position, but they will be synchronised in time. Might be worth checking...
    With the HR92, the first one 'bound' has the lead. My installer left me with a 2 HR92 zone, with the 'lead' behind a long curtain. I think that he was just in a rush to get away. A simple job to change them over but nothing about this in the consumer documentation.

Automated Home Guru

It doesn't matter which one is bound as an actuator first. It's about which one is bound as a sensor. Also, it depends on the multi-room setting. If set to single room, the sensor is in the lead. If set to multi room, they behave independant of each other.

Full or normal stroke always behaves independant.

Also, my 2 HR92's dont always work EXACTLY at the same time. When raising setpoint far above current temperature, they usually do. But once the temp has almost reached setpoint, often there's a minute between the two changing valve position.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    It doesn't matter which one is bound as an actuator first. It's about which one is bound as a sensor. Also, it depends on the multi-room setting. If set to single room, the sensor is in the lead. If set to multi room, they behave independant of each other.

Full or normal stroke always behaves independant.

Also, my 2 HR92's dont always work EXACTLY at the same time. When raising setpoint far above current temperature, they usually do. But once the temp has almost reached setpoint, often there's a minute between the two changing valve position.
    Evohome Tech Support confirmed to me that the first HR92 bound in a zone is the temperature sensor.

Automated Home Guru

That's a matter of speech probably. You bind the sensor to a zone before you bind the actuators to a zone. It's 2 seperate steps.

Automated Home Guru

That's a matter of speech probably. You bind the sensor to a zone before you bind the actuators to a zone. It's 2 seperate steps.
    Not if you are just using HR92s. It first asks you if you are using the "internal" sensor of the controller, answer of course is no. Then it asks you to bind the actuator. The first actuator also provides the sensor. If you want to add a separate sensor, then the flow is slightly different.

For example, you can add a T87 thermostat afterwards by editing the zone and adding a sensor separately which then takes over the HR92s already paired.

Automated Home Guru

If I answer NO to the question about the internal sensor, it asks me to bind an external sensor. AFTERWARDS, it asks to bind actuators. Are we talking about the same Evohome Color system here?

Automated Home Legend

....and yet somewhere in this forum came back the answer that there is no priority when an HR92 is bound.

Automated Home Guru

If I answer NO to the question about the internal sensor, it asks me to bind an external sensor. AFTERWARDS, it asks to bind actuators. Are we talking about the same Evohome Color system here?
    Sorry, as I haven't got it in-front of me at the moment I cannot see the exact wording, but what I was getting at is you don't bind the HR92 twice (once as sensor, once as actuator). It is done in one go such that when you select "Bind" on the HR92, it communicates itself as both sensor and actuator in one pass. If you then add a second HR92, the first HR92 still provides the sensor part. I had to reverse a room's priority sensor, because one of them was near a loudspeaker which nicely created a pocket of warm air around the HR92 resulting in it reading totally wrong temperatures.
    Last edited by jonstatt; 4th March 2015 at 07:09 PM.

Automated Home Guru

I stand corrected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOqxwJxujrw

After assigning the HR92 as a sensor, it is automatically also added as an actuator. Afterwards, it asks you if you want to add more actuators. So yes, the first one you add (at the sensor bind question), is the one in charge (unless you enable multi-room mode).