• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonstatt
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2015

Evohome App Bug: Hot water - No thermostat connected in this zone

I have found a bug with the app (running android). I have mentioned before there is a long lag between hot water reading updates being referred from the controller to the app (via the gateway).

I was trying to switch the hot water on (forced over-ride) using the app and was greeted with "No thermostat connected in this zone". I then went to the controller, and switched the hot water on without any issue. I tried the app several times, and about 10 minutes later it started working again allowing me to adjust the hot water. This isn't a one-off...it has happened every now and then....it always eventually starts working again a few minutes later.

I think what is happening is that the app is not getting the frequency of updates it expects from the controller for the hot water and so falls into this error condition.

Heating temperatures are nicely relayed between controller to app...no issues there. The hot water probe transmitter reports a full 5 level signal.
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

Is there anything in the log (controller log?)

Just to clarify you have full control via the evohome - this problem is only isolated to App control?
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• jonstatt
      Automated Home Guru
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
      Is there anything in the log (controller log?)

Just to clarify you have full control via the evohome - this problem is only isolated to App control?
      The problem is isolated to the App control, yes.

I have heard about this controller log, and I am probably being blind but where is it?! I believe it's meant to be in the user settings rather than installer mode, but I don't see it anywhere.

Comment

• MrShamus
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Feb 2015

I have had the exact same error (No thermostat connected in this zone) on occasion when overriding a zone temperature via the Android app. I have worked around this by killing the app and then restarting. After restart of the app (not the phone) it has always worked fine...

Comment

• Rameses
          Industry Expert
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by jonstatt View Post
          The problem is isolated to the App control, yes.

I have heard about this controller log, and I am probably being blind but where is it?! I believe it's meant to be in the user settings rather than installer mode, but I don't see it anywhere.
          Settings on the controller. I want to verify you have a good connection - when you did the 'test' you had a good connection, but the logs will validate.
          getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• jonstatt
            Automated Home Guru
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
            Settings on the controller. I want to verify you have a good connection - when you did the 'test' you had a good connection, but the logs will validate.
            I understand. But I cannot find this log...I must be blind! Or does the log only get created if there has ever been an error...if no errors, no log?

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by jonstatt View Post
              I understand. But I cannot find this log...I must be blind! Or does the log only get created if there has ever been an error...if no errors, no log?
              Yes, the log only appears once you have had an error.

Comment

• jonstatt
                Automated Home Guru
                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                Yes, the log only appears once you have had an error.
                Thanks. So basically I have no errors then.....that's good to know

Comment

• erik
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Feb 2015

I've seen this error as well sometimes when I click a zone and then click the requested temperature (to be able to change it). Trying again later usually fixes it.

Comment

• jonstatt
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by erik View Post
                    I've seen this error as well sometimes when I click a zone and then click the requested temperature (to be able to change it). Trying again later usually fixes it.
                    Funny I have only ever seen it with the hot water.....but interesting you and at least one other sees it in heating zones too. I suspect it is still related to my initial thoughts that the app hasn't received a temperature update in an expected time range and therefore gives that error. As the hot water updates are less frequent than heating, it may be more prone to this error.

Comment

Working...
                    X