Thread: Hot water - quick action ? Boost button ?

Automated Home Guru

Default Hot water - quick action ? Boost button ?

Hi there,

Having just added the hot water kit, I know the first question that my wife will ask me is where is the Boost button that the old Honeywell controller had. This let you turn the hot water on for 1, 2, 3 hours so you could just top it up in the evenings for instance.

I had looked under Quick actions, expecting it to appear there once I added the kit, but can't see it.

Surely this is in the EvoHome kit ? If not, I'd definately have it as a highly requested feature. It's in all your old controllers.

Thanks,
    Roy.

Automated Home Legend

Use the setting on the controller or in the app to switch on for an extra boost. I used all the set points available to me including those I actually needed so that if during the day we turn it on for an extra bit then it only stays on until the next set point off period.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roydonaldson View Post
    Hi there,

Having just added the hot water kit, I know the first question that my wife will ask me is where is the Boost button that the old Honeywell controller had. This let you turn the hot water on for 1, 2, 3 hours so you could just top it up in the evenings for instance.

I had looked under Quick actions, expecting it to appear there once I added the kit, but can't see it.

Surely this is in the EvoHome kit ? If not, I'd definately have it as a highly requested feature. It's in all your old controllers.

Thanks,
    Roy.

The TCC App is pretty intuitive and easy to set a temporary overide to 'boost' for a number of hours or until the next time period

An even easier 1 hour boost can be setup with the wonderful IFTTT 'DO' app (that integrates through the TCC App)

Recommend setting this, a custom quick action 'on' and 'off' through the Do App, simplicity itself.

More info here

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...TT-and-Evohome
    Last edited by top brake; 14th March 2015 at 06:31 PM.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Sr Member

Windows Phone app can also boost hot water (or a single heating zone).