Hot water - quick action ? Boost button ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

Hot water - quick action ? Boost button ?

Hi there,

Having just added the hot water kit, I know the first question that my wife will ask me is where is the Boost button that the old Honeywell controller had. This let you turn the hot water on for 1, 2, 3 hours so you could just top it up in the evenings for instance.

I had looked under Quick actions, expecting it to appear there once I added the kit, but can't see it.

Surely this is in the EvoHome kit ? If not, I'd definately have it as a highly requested feature. It's in all your old controllers.

Thanks,
    Roy.
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Use the setting on the controller or in the app to switch on for an extra boost. I used all the set points available to me including those I actually needed so that if during the day we turn it on for an extra bit then it only stays on until the next set point off period.

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by roydonaldson View Post
      Hi there,

Having just added the hot water kit, I know the first question that my wife will ask me is where is the Boost button that the old Honeywell controller had. This let you turn the hot water on for 1, 2, 3 hours so you could just top it up in the evenings for instance.

I had looked under Quick actions, expecting it to appear there once I added the kit, but can't see it.

Surely this is in the EvoHome kit ? If not, I'd definately have it as a highly requested feature. It's in all your old controllers.

Thanks,
      Roy.

The TCC App is pretty intuitive and easy to set a temporary overide to 'boost' for a number of hours or until the next time period

An even easier 1 hour boost can be setup with the wonderful IFTTT 'DO' app (that integrates through the TCC App)

Recommend setting this, a custom quick action 'on' and 'off' through the Do App, simplicity itself.

More info here

Last edited by top brake; 14 March 2015, 06:31 PM.
      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Fursty Ferret
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Oct 2014

Windows Phone app can also boost hot water (or a single heating zone).

Comment

Working...
        X