Simple question: Evohome and multiple relay boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stilgar
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2012

Simple question: Evohome and multiple relay boxes?

Can the Evohome wireless relay box (BDR91) be used to switch on underfloor heating? (non-electric).
    If so, can I have two such relay boxes connected to my boiler, one for the underfloor heating and one for the rest of the house?

I've just had underfloor heating installed with its own wireless thermostat and relay box, my plumber says connecting the evohome wireless relay box in parallel (so either of the relay boxes can trigger the combi boiler) is possible.
    I'd like to know if I can replace the other relay box with a Honeywell Evohome one, so I can control both from the same controller (the controller that comes in the Evohome base pack).

I've attached photos of the setup so far for clarification (only the underfloor heating relay box is currently connected)
    IMG_20150306_093841.jpgIMG_20150306_093828.jpgIMG_20150306_093810.jpg
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Recommend that you and your plumber do the youlearn course to understand the difference between boiler relay and zone valve relay. But in principle as long as you bind the relays in correctly and wire accordingly this will work. :-)
    Last edited by top brake; 8 March 2015, 12:43 AM.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• stilgar
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by top brake View Post
      Recommend that you and your plumber do the youlearn course to understand the difference between boiler relay and zone valve relay. But in principle as long as you bind the relays in correctly and wire accordingly this will work. :-)
      Thank you for the reply, I will investigate the youlearn course.

Comment

Working...
      X