Thread: Simple question: Evohome and multiple relay boxes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Lurker

Default Simple question: Evohome and multiple relay boxes?

Can the Evohome wireless relay box (BDR91) be used to switch on underfloor heating? (non-electric).
    If so, can I have two such relay boxes connected to my boiler, one for the underfloor heating and one for the rest of the house?

I've just had underfloor heating installed with its own wireless thermostat and relay box, my plumber says connecting the evohome wireless relay box in parallel (so either of the relay boxes can trigger the combi boiler) is possible.
    I'd like to know if I can replace the other relay box with a Honeywell Evohome one, so I can control both from the same controller (the controller that comes in the Evohome base pack).

I've attached photos of the setup so far for clarification (only the underfloor heating relay box is currently connected)
    IMG_20150306_093841.jpgIMG_20150306_093828.jpgIMG_20150306_093810.jpg

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Recommend that you and your plumber do the youlearn course to understand the difference between boiler relay and zone valve relay. But in principle as long as you bind the relays in correctly and wire accordingly this will work. :-)
    Last edited by top brake; 8th March 2015 at 12:43 AM.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    Recommend that you and your plumber do the youlearn course to understand the difference between boiler relay and zone valve relay. But in principle as long as you bind the relays in correctly and wire accordingly this will work. :-)
    Thank you for the reply, I will investigate the youlearn course.