app for Samsung and Panasonic TVs coming ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

app for Samsung and Panasonic TVs coming ?

Hi there,

With all the talk of apps on iWatch's, Pebble etc. I was wondering if Honeywell had thought of creating an app to run on Samsung and/or Panasonic TV platforms ?

I would have though while sitting in the living room at night if I wanted to turn the temperature up, just being able to do that right from my TV would be a really good way to do it.

Roy.
  • emmeesse68
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2014

If they didn't change their mind at Honeywell, I doubt there will ever be an app for all those devices.

I own a Windows Phone and I'm lucky I can use an unofficial app (found on this forum) that allows me to remotely check and control my system. I tried official apps on an Android tablet and on an Apple iPad so I can tell those apps are not the best around. IMHO they didn't plan to invest much in remote access and user experience.

A simple web interface could have allowed remote control from any device.

Apps could then be an alternate choice to simplify smartphone/tablet access. But it's simply unbelievable they didn't realize they are cutting off anybody who doesn't have an Apple or Android device.

A simple web application could allow access from smart TVs, tablets, my office computer, ... and many others. No surprise someone developed their own app. I was totally disappointed when I registered online to discover TCC web portal is only intended to sign up and manage location info and user profile.

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by emmeesse68 View Post
      If they didn't change their mind at Honeywell, I doubt there will ever be an app for all those devices.

I own a Windows Phone and I'm lucky I can use an unofficial app (found on this forum) that allows me to remotely check and control my system. I tried official apps on an Android tablet and on an Apple iPad so I can tell those apps are not the best around. IMHO they didn't plan to invest much in remote access and user experience.

A simple web interface could have allowed remote control from any device.

Apps could then be an alternate choice to simplify smartphone/tablet access. But it's simply unbelievable they didn't realize they are cutting off anybody who doesn't have an Apple or Android device.

A simple web application could allow access from smart TVs, tablets, my office computer, ... and many others. No surprise someone developed their own app. I was totally disappointed when I registered online to discover TCC web portal is only intended to sign up and manage location info and user profile.
      Recommend that all of you that want this contact support asking for it
      If enough demand...
      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• emmeesse68
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
        Recommend that all of you that want this contact support asking for it
        If enough demand...
        Did that already, Dec. 8 2014. Got my email answer 10 days later, they basically said they were aiming to quickly address 80% of the market so they chose to develop Apple and Android apps only. As for other resources, development, APIs and an experimental Windows Phone app... they suggested me this forum(!), that by chance I discovered a few days before. At least they were honest and helpful. I hope they're monitoring this, because I feel many many users are not even trying to contact support. My general experience - very imited to Italy - is of technical supports trained to exclude warranty returns as much as possible, and as of additional features and improvements, when they have your money they reached their goal and disappear. Luckily, this forum has been actively attended by interesting people (see other topics about features and documentation users would like to see), so chances that Honeywell gets these feedbacks are higher.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

...but we know Honeywell have been working with Apple, presumably with respect to HomeKit.

Comment

Working...
          X