• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mavis
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Oct 2014

IPhone Evo App and Abroad

Should the Iphone Evo app work abroad - either on a wifi connection or via phone data?

I have just returned from a week in Tunisia but couldn't get my app to connect. I thought initially it may be something to do with either a very slow, limited hotel wifi connection so briefly switched on data roaming but I still could not get it to work.
  • gl3n
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2015

It should work from anywhere! Not sure why it did not.

Comment

• gl3n
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2015

Just connected to the comfort app via a vpn connection to Canada. Works fine and able to do everything which I thought would be the case. The wifi you were connecting to at the hotel may have been restricted (firewall blocking ports) and the mobile internet access just to slow!

Cheers

Gl3n

Comment

• orange
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2014

I'm fairly sure the app works over port 80 ? (something else for the FAQs ?)

It's possible that there is some odd filtering going on from Honeywell or the Tunisian government ?

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

MI5 or MI6 listening in and not wanting you to be remotely comfortable!

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

It works where-ever you can get a standard internet connection.

The ports used by evohome are 80 and 443. 443 is the main port used for encrypted and secure traffic - both ports are common and used in everyday internet operations (such as browsing, or secure shopping)
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Mavis
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Oct 2014

Strange. Shame I can't justify another trip out there
              I could get onto the TAG Heuer live timing website (and 'watch' a kart race by the live timing with barely any interruptions) but struggled with Facebook (barely able to browse but struggled to post and definitely could not post a photo) and Twitter (would not update).

Interestingly, thinking back, when we asked to use the free PC, the helpful receptionist made a comment along the lines of 'everything being available'. But that still does not explain why I could not get on through TUNCOM (although to be fair I didn't try for very long or on another day)

Comment

• orange
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
                Strange. Shame I can't justify another trip out there
                I could get onto the TAG Heuer live timing website (and 'watch' a kart race by the live timing with barely any interruptions) but struggled with Facebook (barely able to browse but struggled to post and definitely could not post a photo) and Twitter (would not update).

Interestingly, thinking back, when we asked to use the free PC, the helpful receptionist made a comment along the lines of 'everything being available'. But that still does not explain why I could not get on through TUNCOM (although to be fair I didn't try for very long or on another day)
                Hi Mavis

sounds like you just had a poor connection - the IOS is not very robust on a decent connection so I'd expect to see it struggle if there was any kind of flakey connection.

Comment

Working...
                X