• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

Request for help - IFTTT / DO recipes needed

Dear evohome & Single zone thermostat users

I need your help. IFTTT have asked us to submit popular recipes. They have seen the increase use of the channels (evohome & SZT) and have offered to also include the best of the newer 'Do' functions in future newsletters and content on the site.

If anyone fancied helping out or uses it with good results (looking at you Mavis) - if you would be so kind to 'publish' the recipe and then provide the link here. I can then collate as they (hopefully) are published.

Thanks in advance

PS If you put a nice back story behind it to explain why the recipe is useful this would be great also.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own
  • Mavis
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Oct 2014

Here is a starter for 10 !!

Log in to your IFTTT account to manage Applets and get more, to explore new services, and to see your account information.

Heating comes on for an hour

I have this set up twice (for the kitchen and bathroom) and I use it at the weekend if son is on day shift. I have it activated all the time and when I need to run it all I need to do is put the phrase 'day shift' in my google calendar at 6.30am on the relevant day.
    (Son works an 8 week shift rota so it is easier to use this to override at the weekends as I work mon - fri)

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Am new to IFTT, do I have to have the IFTT app always open on the iPhone?

Comment

• Mavis
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Oct 2014

No, the IFTT app is just the platform to make things happen. You can also set up your 'recipe' on a PC. So the one I have posted, you do not need to go near your Iphone.

You create an account on IFTTT. You then activate your channels, so Honeywell Evohome is a channel, Google Calendar is another channel, IOS location services is another.

You then put it together (just like the old fashioned BASIC programming) If this, then that.

Comment

• Mavis
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Oct 2014

The app just means that if you forget to activate a recipe then you can do it on your phone.

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Thanks. I see the Honeywell Channel is off line at present.

Comment

• Rameses
              Industry Expert
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
              Thanks. I see the Honeywell Channel is off line at present.
              You have to activate it. Once you create an IFTTT account - create a recipe then you click on the channel and one time only you activate it (putting in login details etc) this then allows comms with other channels.

The token details are captured on our network NOT IFTTT's so still secure.
              getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

I already have an account and have activated it in the past. But I had forgotten that my original account was deleted and a new one set up courtesy of some bloke from Honeywell I came across! The site has now let me in. Perhaps I can configure a "Wife is cold" recipe?!

Comment

• Rameses
                  Industry Expert
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                  I already have an account and have activated it in the past. But I had forgotten that my original account was deleted and a new one set up courtesy of some bloke from Honeywell I came across! The site has now let me in. Perhaps I can configure a "Wife is cold" recipe?!
                  LOL forgot about that! Enjoy!

PS Looking to improve the integration with IFTTT soon . . standby

Comment

• Mavis
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Oct 2014

And here are another 2:-

Log in to your IFTTT account to manage Applets and get more, to explore new services, and to see your account information.

I use these both together - they are geofencing using my Iphone. I set the Out for the Day recipe with a very tight location so it switches on nearly as soon as I leave the street but set the Back Home recipe with a wider diameter.

Beware though with using geofencing the way I have done (with 2 recipes) - take note of which streets the Back Home recipe covers to ensure that you won't accidentally drive into the 'zone'.

(BTW not sure if I have published these correctly but they are easily set up from scratch anyway)

Comment

• Mavis
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Oct 2014

I am waiting delivery of the Qmote http://qblinks.com/ which I have backed through Kickstarter. They have promised IFTTT compatibility so I am hoping that I will be able to enable a quick action just by pressing the Qmote.

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
                        I am waiting delivery of the Qmote http://qblinks.com/ which I have backed through Kickstarter. They have promised IFTTT compatibility so I am hoping that I will be able to enable a quick action just by pressing the Qmote.
                        Me also! I use ine Quick Action frequently.

Comment

• Mavis
                          Automated Home Ninja
                          • Oct 2014

Off topic I know but as I mentioned in my article I wrote for this website, one of my bugbears with technology is all the cables so I have just backed this project on Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...le-cable-organ

Comment

• G4RHL
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
                            Off topic I know but as I mentioned in my article I wrote for this website, one of my bugbears with technology is all the cables so I have just backed this project on Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...le-cable-organ
                            Am sure I have seen something like this before. Care is needed how you use them. If there is a fair bit of current going through being coiled up they will warm up nicely and melt! Have found "fabric" cable ties that fasten using Velcro easy to use and also those wrap things where you wrap the excess cable up, but like the things fishermen use but on a small scale.

One of the best things I have come across is the MU - http://www.themu.co.uk

This is excellent. Folds flat, easy to put in a brief case or computer/tablet bag.

We've gone off topic!

Comment

• Mavis
                              Automated Home Ninja
                              • Oct 2014

Mmm nice. Will have a proper look at this. Tenuously linking it to heating we have a motorhome (and previously caravans) and there big thing made of not coiling the power cable up on a reel when in use because of the overheating factor. But for storage and transport purposes they should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X