Thread: Mounting BDR91

Automated Home Lurker

Default Mounting BDR91

Hi all

First time poster here but spent days reading this forum and thanks to everyone who's contributed.

I'm thinking of buying the Evohome system. House is three years old and S-Plan.

I think I'll be ok with the wiring but just wondering about the actual physical mounting of the BDR91. If I remove the existing T6360 will the BDR91 mounting screws line up with the holes on the existing backbox? And am I likely to have RF problems if that backbox is metal?

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the forum.

Yep, BDR91 has holes in the right places. My view on metal back boxes is that they are a no no, but I have seen BDR91's fitted to metal back boxes without issue.

Hope that helps.

Richard

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Up_North View Post
    Hi all

First time poster here but spent days reading this forum and thanks to everyone who's contributed.

I'm thinking of buying the Evohome system. House is three years old and S-Plan.

I think I'll be ok with the wiring but just wondering about the actual physical mounting of the BDR91. If I remove the existing T6360 will the BDR91 mounting screws line up with the holes on the existing backbox? And am I likely to have RF problems if that backbox is metal?

Thanks

Ian
    Hi Ian

You might not have enough wires, sometimes see T6360 without a neutral...

Remember the switched live will come from the timeclock in on 1 and switched live out on 3

You may be able to re-purpose the existing wiring but you equally may not have long enough wires
    Also remember the BDR91 needs permanent power

It's not best practise to fit to metal wall boxes, I would be suprised to find the T6360 is on any kind of wallbox but if there is one I would remove and replace it with a non metallic box
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.