• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

IOS App - Bug?

I over-rode a zone last night by increasing the temperature and time. Everything worked as it should with the controller and app showing the corrections. With less than an hour to go, we decided to stay up to watch the end of a film. I increased the time on the App and selected ACTIVATE and received a SUCCESS message but the app stayed at the original selected end time whereas the controller was showing the amended time. A bug perhaps?
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
    I over-rode a zone last night by increasing the temperature and time. Everything worked as it should with the controller and app showing the corrections. With less than an hour to go, we decided to stay up to watch the end of a film. I increased the time on the App and selected ACTIVATE and received a SUCCESS message but the app stayed at the original selected end time whereas the controller was showing the amended time. A bug perhaps?
    Have had this myself and thought it was bugged but in time they do adjust and show the same. It does not happen immediately. It is not hours though, more ten minutes or so. The app refreshes at longish intervals of its own volition as I found out today returning home and on the way back switching on the heating from the app. If I left the app alone and did not do a physical refresh then it seemed every 5 to 10 minutes it updated with the increasing room temperatures showing all was happening. My hot water was showing 40C for example for a good 15 minutes then suddenly it appeared in the app as 57C. We know it is about 4 minutes max for communication to the HR92s so assume there is some built in time lag for the app to update. Can our Honeywell bods confirm so?

Comment

• Fursty Ferret
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2014

It takes some time for changes to be reflected in the system. A success message in the app is confirmation that the controller has received and will act on the request, but the updated state is not returned along with this message. So the app and the controller get out of sync.

If you get the success message you can be confident that the change will take place.

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

Updates through App are sent to the gateway via the cloud server. Then wireless 868mHz to the Evo, then wireless 868mHz to the devices. The Evo then tells the gateway and communicates to the cloud server.

Just tried at home using wifi and got confirmation on the app within seconds.
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
          Updates through App are sent to the gateway via the cloud server. Then wireless 868mHz to the Evo, then wireless 868mHz to the devices. The Evo then tells the gateway and communicates to the cloud server.

Just tried at home using wifi and got confirmation on the app within seconds.
          Not always within seconds! Yes using WiFi but using roaming mode I have seen it take a couple of minutes. Also the app often still shows the original set temperature for a bit despite an instruction being sent and a "success" message and can take a minute or so before it readjusts, sometimes longer. Yesterday I noticed it took over five minutes to reflect back in the app but I got it do that by exiting the app and going back in so not sure how much longer it may have taken. Notwithstanding that the instruction did go through OK.

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
            Not always within seconds! Yes using WiFi but using roaming mode I have seen it take a couple of minutes. Also the app often still shows the original set temperature for a bit despite an instruction being sent and a "success" message and can take a minute or so before it readjusts, sometimes longer. Yesterday I noticed it took over five minutes to reflect back in the app but I got it do that by exiting the app and going back in so not sure how much longer it may have taken. Notwithstanding that the instruction did go through OK.
            I have successfully used the app on non 3G signal but yes it can then take a while to refresh
            A lot of variables present in mobile data including strength and data transfer speed (buffering)

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

I have successfully used the app on non 3G signal but yes it can then take a while to refresh
              A lot of variables present in mobile data including strength and data transfer speed (buffering)
              Once you know there is sometimes a delay it is not a problem anymore as you understand what is happening but a new user may worry that things are not happening. A paragraph in the instructions relating to making changes whilst roaming saying that a response within the app that all is happening may take a few minutes to appear due to network conditions for the user at the time, would be helpful.

Comment

• top brake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Feb 2015

Once you know there is sometimes a delay it is not a problem anymore as you understand what is happening but a new user may worry that things are not happening. A paragraph in the instructions relating to making changes whilst roaming saying that a response within the app that all is happening may take a few minutes to appear due to network conditions for the user at the time, would be helpful.

there aren't really any instructions on using the App in the user guide (see below)
                perhaps it is worthwhile creating an App user guide?

app instructions.jpg

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

there aren't really any instructions on using the App in the user guide (see below)
                  perhaps it is worthwhile creating an App user guide?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536[/ATTACH]
                  I think one is needed

Comment

• Rameses
                    Industry Expert
                    • Nov 2014

I think one is needed

App will refresh 5-10 minutes on its own if open. (to reduce polling and save battery)

If you need immediate 'update' just slide the screen down to initiate a manual refresh.
                    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Mavis
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Oct 2014

Anyone else having problems this morning with the app?

This morning I woke up and remembered that I was off work so opened the app and lowered the temp in our bedroom. This was around 7am and the next set point is 8.30am. I have just looked at the app and it was showing 'set until 8.30am' (this is at 11.30). The controller was showing the mobile phone symbol. Also when I try and change a current temp in the app and press 'set until' it throws me out of the app and reloads the app or if I press Activate in the same screen then it comes up - Error There was a problem updating the target temp. Please try again.

The temps on the app match the controller

Edited to say I am on wifi in the house. I have just switched off wifi and the app is taking a while to load. On 3G the same thing is happening.
                      Last edited by Mavis; 30 March 2015, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• erik
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Feb 2015

Maybe something to do with DST being in effect since sunday? Tried a restart of the device?

Comment

• Mavis
                          Automated Home Ninja
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by erik View Post
                          Maybe something to do with DST being in effect since sunday? Tried a restart of the device?
                          Doh. Yes I should really learn to practice what I preach!! Yes, all sorted. Restarted my Ipad and now next to the set until, the next setpoint time shows - it did not before I restarted.

Note to self, when the clocks change, as I now don't have many clocks that need changing manually, I now need to go round and routinely restart my electronics.

Comment

• G4RHL
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
                            Doh. Yes I should really learn to practice what I preach!! Yes, all sorted. Restarted my Ipad and now next to the set until, the next setpoint time shows - it did not before I restarted.

Note to self, when the clocks change, as I now don't have many clocks that need changing manually, I now need to go round and routinely restart my electronics.
                            Not had this problem today and did not need to do any resetting because of the time change. All worked 100%. I have though had many occasions when I have had to completely exit the app and go back in again, usually when in roaming mode, as it cannot connect. This is a regular occurrence when roaming no matter what the signal strength.

...and after posting this I then found using WiFi after 3 + minutes the app could not load, it was not open before either, exiting and starting a fresh opening of the app and all happened quickly and is fine. Perhaps there are some issues with the app that need addressing?
                            Last edited by G4RHL; 30 March 2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X