X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Take Part in our “evohome Inventor Webchat” and Win a Honeywell evohome System

[UPDATE] Transcript of the webchat now added to this page...

Automated Home and Honeywell have teamed up for a live webchat with the inventors of the Honeywell evohome Smart Thermostat in our Chat Room from 8:00pm to 9:30pm BST on the 15th April 2015.

The Honeywell team will be answering your questions regarding all things evohome and the wider Connected Homes landscape too. In attendance we will have

o European Programme Director for evohome
    o Senior Engineer, Heating and evohome (residential)
    o Senior Heating Consultant (residential)
    o Experienced Heating Installer (Honeywell HIN member)

In addition, participants will have the chance to win an evohome Connected Pack kit. To enter, simply Like and Share this Facebook post and submit your question for the system inventors in the post’s comments section.

Alternatively, you can enter by tweeting @ottomate and @Hon_Home_EU with your question using the hashtag #HoneywellAH or by posting it in this thread below. Entry is limited to one per person. The winner will be picked at random and announced on the 16th April 2015. Good luck.

(Honeywell: The purpose of this webchat is to help people learn more about their system and optimise their experience. We will certainly help with advice on heating systems in general and try to impart what we know about heating the home effectively. Additionally we can provide advice on other Honeywell products within the skillset of the team.)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Otto-Mate; 16 April 2015, 02:11 PM.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Sorry - I am of the non-tweeting/hashtag non-Facebook generation. Can I still participate?

Qn: When a customer invests £1500 in an Evohome system, it is reasonable to expect it to be supported. As new models of Evohome evolve, how does Honeywell intend to support existing Evohome customers with at least some of these improvements?

Comment

• Otto-Mate
      Founder
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
      Sorry - I am of the non-tweeting/hashtag non-Facebook generation. Can I still participate?
      As stated above the options for posting questions include in this thread - "or by posting it in this thread below".

This thread is for posting questions for the webchat only. Please start a separate thread for any other discussion.

Thanks

M.
      Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
      www.twitter.com/ottomate
      www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• Mavis
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Oct 2014

Have added a question to the Facebook post asking how optimisation works (I know that it has been explained on here but think that it would be good for the webchat)

Two more questions which would be useful at the start:

How a radiator works and why it is under the window (Rameses' excellent simple explanation)

Why 2 rooms feel a different temperature even though Evohome reads the same temp - probably a key starter question if people are new to individual room monitoring. (It is amazing how much heat is emitted from a large TV on the wall for instance).

Comment

• bluemike1676
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Mar 2015

Hi,

Can the webchat be recorded for later playback?

Mike

Comment

• watchforstock
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Mar 2014

My question:

Are Honeywell going to open up the API to third party developers (including the OAuth as used for IFTTT)?

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

• Vangelis
              Automated Home Guru
              • Sep 2009

My Question....

Do Honeywell feel they can make any improvements with their 'Professional Installer program'?

There have been documented failings whereby systems have had issues due to close proximity of the individual Control Hubs and signal attenuation caused by metalised interference.

Vangelis

Comment

• erik
                Automated Home Guru
                • Feb 2015

My question:

Can Honeywell tell us more about their Evohome testing/simulation room? Where is it located? How big is it? How does it work? Etc.

Comment

• johnwharrison
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Oct 2005

My Question: Can priority be given to different zones at different times of the day?

For instance, during the day I want downstairs to maintain temp, regardless of the other zones. However at night the most important zone is the nursery. I want that to maintain temp regardless of the others.

Comment

• Muzz
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Mar 2015

My Question:

Are there any plans to expand the "Quick Actions" selection? One option that I feel thats really missing is the ability to boost the hot water by an hour. Whilst I know its possible to achieve "personal" Quick Actions using the excellent IFTTT / DO apps, it does mean unlocking the phone, scrolling to the app and then opening it. Which does seem like using technology for the sake of technology

Comment

• davidaj
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Jan 2015

I have two questions:

1. It is currently a warm spell in the UK, and I find I need to intervene in the schedule to reduce setpoint temperatures to prevent feeling too warm in the room, which on a colder day would feel fine. What is the underlying reason for this, and can evohome do anything to compensate for this? It seems the outdoor conditions are key to determine the comfort level, yet evohome has dropped direct outdoor sensing in the new version.

2. There is a thread on automated home requesting suggestions for improvements - have you reviewed these, and are any likely to appear in the existing evohome version?

Comment

• Kevin
                        • Jan 2004

Currently considering this or another system.

My boiler operates in an enforced hot water priority mode meaning that there can be a considerable delay when requesting heat whilst the hot water reaches set temperature. Does EvoHome intelligently account for this based on it's hot water temperature sensing so that the modelling characteristics and optimum start work correctly for room temperature ?

As you don't offer wireless repeaters (why not ?) it seems I will need three+ controllers spaced apart... are there any future plans for better controller to controller communication / integration to make them operate in more of a combined way, rather than having to go from controller to controller or use the smartphone apps ?
                        Last edited by Kevin; 15 April 2015, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• crh
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Oct 2014

is there a way the optimisation could be improved by entering the dimension and location of the rad in the room? Or does the optimisation not benefit from that data

Comment

• jogu
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • May 2006

Would it be possible to install the evohome in two or more stages (rather than wait till I have the cash to do all 14 radiators!); if so how would I pick which radiators to do first / which order to install the other units?

Comment

• Muzz
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Mar 2015

Whilst the chat was great, any chance some more of the questions from the various sources could be answered offline?

Comment

Working...
                              X