After 12 months of happy ownership........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crh
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2014

After 12 months of happy ownership........

Well after 12 months of happy ownership i picked the controller up off it's cradle and it displayed a white screen which had a honeywell logo and some text which said pin entered. The screen flashed and the unit booted back up but it had wiped all the previous zones an scheduling out

Just had to go and recommission the system and reset the schedules but it's annoying because it's also lost all the optimum start data because it randomly decided to brick itself

On a unit which they plan no further firmware updates on i'm not impressed
  • erik
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2015

Did it actually say PIN entered? Or NTR Pin Reset or something like that?

I've seen the latter when I was fiddling with the batteries. Were the batteries still positioned firmly in the right place when this happened to you? Are the batteries still good?
    Last edited by erik; 2 April 2015, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Originally posted by crh View Post
      Well after 12 months of happy ownership i picked the controller up off it's cradle and it displayed a white screen which had a honeywell logo and some text which said pin entered. The screen flashed and the unit booted back up but it had wiped all the previous zones an scheduling out

Just had to go and recommission the system and reset the schedules but it's annoying because it's also lost all the optimum start data because it randomly decided to brick itself

This system is proving to be my Nemesis. My Evohome Controller was replaced by an installer two weeks ago. The controller is wall-mounted and hasn't been removed since it was installed. About 30 minutes ago, I noticed the following FAULT:

'Evohome Battery Error - Please Check System or contact installer'.

My initial thought was that it might be a dodgy battery so I removed the controller from the wall; removed the faceplate and one of the batteries fell out along with a broken half of the mid-section terminal clip. I have got it working again with a paperclip but I have now got the same fault as the OP. I am slowly re-building the system. I have asked my installer for a replacement controller.

Edit:

Having now looked closely at the broken clip. It has snapped at the point where it is bent over.
      Last edited by HenGus; 3 April 2015, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Rameses
        Industry Expert
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by crh View Post

CRH - Sorry you are having this problem. Please return to your installer/supplier and exercise your warranty.
        getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

A thought. Am I right in assuming that if the controller goes awol then you have no heating or hot water or can the system still function with the Hr92s talking to the relay? If all goes off when the controller fails then perhaps we all ought to have a backup spare!!!!!

Comment

• crh
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by erik View Post
            Did it actually say PIN entered? Or NTR Pin Reset or something like that?

I've seen the latter when I was fiddling with the batteries. Were the batteries still positioned firmly in the right place when this happened to you? Are the batteries still good?
            it could well of said NTR Pin Reset it wasn't on the screen for very long, It's been sat on the cradle for atleast 6-7 as i never normally remove it. I work in home automation myself and we had an issue with a touchscreen manufacture that you couldnt leave the touch panel docked on the unit indefinitely because of the batteries they'd put on it. So i'm wondering if that is the issue

Comment

• crh
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Oct 2014

I ment to ask what is the warranty on evohome?

Comment

• HenGus
                Automated Home Legend
                • May 2014

The piece in the jigsaw that confuses me is the relationship between the controller and the wall mount? I suspect that I got the warning about the battery because the terminal clip had snapped and the battery was loose in the controller. As the wall mount is on a stud wall then normal vibration caused by movement and doors closing etc resulted in the battery breaking contact. I assume that this was what led to the error? After removing the controller from the wall, and removing the faceplate one of the batteries fell out along with the clip. The Honeywell page with PIN RST came up when I re-inserted the battery with a temporary fix. It has been fine ever since. Sadly, though, all re-sets remove the fault log so it is difficult to show any history. I now take photos of all error messages.

Comment

Working...
                X