• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post

you can create a custom quick action already, is there something about it you would suggest changing?
    It is not flexible enough. You should be able to set it for a fixed period of hours and not permanent or for one day. We need more than one customisable menu.

Comment

• sharpener
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
      It is not flexible enough. You should be able to set it for a fixed period of hours and not permanent or for one day. We need more than one customisable menu.
      Ironically the original monochrome controller had both these features!

Why not make all the quick actions configurable so they can either be the current preformatted ones or fully customisable? There is space on the screen for another one so that would give a maximum of six.

Personally I don't ever use Economy and I don't need both Away and Off. Also I can't see the use of the Day Off facility (though it would be useful in a commercial setting e.g. for bank holiday Mondays IF could set it up the previous Friday).

While on the subject here are a few more ideas/niggles

- The default (clockface) screen ought somehow to show a reminder when a Quick Action is operating
      - If you select Heating Off then the individual zones show an On/Off icon, this is a bit misleading as there is a mandatory minimum temperature in the range 5.0 to 10.0 C below which frost protection operates so you cannot truly ensure the system is off.
      - AWAY should end at a selectable time (or midday like Horstmann controls)
      - The rubric "Touch & hold to enable with a timed duration" doesn't actually apply to Heating Off (though IMHO it should)
      - "to quickly enable" is a split infinitive(!)
      Last edited by sharpener; 10 April 2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by sharpener View Post
        indeed it did

the quick actions as they stand were developed in response to consumer VoC focus groups

I guess sometimes you can't win!
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Mavis
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by sharpener View Post

Why not make all the quick actions configurable so they can either be the current preformatted ones or fully customisable? There is space on the screen for another one so that would give a maximum of six.

Personally I don't ever use Economy and I don't need both Away and Off. Also I can't see the use of the Day Off facility (though it would be useful in a commercial setting e.g. for bank holiday Mondays IF could set it up the previous Friday).

While on the subject here are a few more ideas/niggles

- The default (clockface) screen ought somehow to show a reminder when a Quick Action is operating
          - If you select Heating Off then the individual zones show an On/Off icon, this is a bit misleading as there is a mandatory minimum temperature in the range 5.0 to 10.0 C below which frost protection operates so you cannot truly ensure the system is off.
          - AWAY should end at a selectable time (or midday like Horstmann controls)
          - The rubric "Touch & hold to enable with a timed duration" doesn't actually apply to Heating Off (though IMHO it should)
          - "to quickly enable" is a split infinitive(!)
          I use most of the Quick Actions but deffo think that there should be hourly control. It is not clear what time the system means when it says 'until the morning of...'
          I have used the Economy button this week with the warmer weather just to stop the heating coming on when doors and windows have been open during the day (I know there is the open door function but I can't seam to fine tune it).
          I use the Day Off function when I have a day off work so the heating comes on later.
          I use the Away function (if I remember).
          I also use the Off button - we had our Evo installed last August so used the off option until it started to get cooler.

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
            I use most of the Quick Actions but deffo think that there should be hourly control. It is not clear what time the system means when it says 'until the morning of...'
            I have used the Economy button this week with the warmer weather just to stop the heating coming on when doors and windows have been open during the day (I know there is the open door function but I can't seam to fine tune it).
            I use the Day Off function when I have a day off work so the heating comes on later.
            I use the Away function (if I remember).
            I also use the Off button - we had our Evo installed last August so used the off option until it started to get cooler.
            do you make much use of the IFTTT IF and DO Apps?

Comment

• Mavis
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
              do you make much use of the IFTTT IF and DO Apps?

Yes, I use them quite a bit for advance stuff but when I am in the house I prefer to use the controller (not least because I don't have to hunt around for my glasses to use it!)

Comment

• top brake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
                Yes, I use them quite a bit for advance stuff but when I am in the house I prefer to use the controller (not least because I don't have to hunt around for my glasses to use it!)
                my evo is now on a stand next to the tv (rather than wall mount) so i find myself using the TCC app and IF, DO more and more

my faves being DO:

hot water boost for an hour
                and cancel/set custom quick action

i also have single zone thermostats on the wall in several rooms including lounge and bedroom, ideal to quickly adjust those rooms.

Comment

Working...
                X