Thread: Av ...

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

Default Av ...

having got a long way along the road of getting our automation operational, we're thinking again about the AV side of things ...

for some of it, Squeezebox was something we had in mind, but they seem to be no more ...

so was wondering if anyone had got anywhere with this - integrating TV & radio etc (FreeView & DAB & Internet) into the overall HA set-up would be good !

Automated Home Sr Member

Hi Chris,

We've got squeezeboxes (incidentally there are lots of clever people who have reworked things so with appropriate bits one can use a rPi as a squeezebox) and have used NPVR as a DVR for over 10 years now. I've often wondered about doing some more integration, but I've never worked out what I'd want to do with the integrated entity!

The closest I've got is that one of the squeezeboxes turns on (and off) the associated amp (which is IP controllable), but that's all done in squeezebox world. I guess I could have done it with Cortex and xAP.

Any ideas would be interesting!

Peter

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

Peter, thanks -

rPi seems to feature a lot these days - we’ve a Nabaztag & several Mir:rors we hope to bring to life in similar fashion - imagine API will feature, in some way ...

integration ideas on our list include : scheduling (record & play); muting (manual & automatic, for when there’s someone at the ‘door or on the ‘phone); tying-in with timers (alarm-clock etc) & security; management of multi-screens (eg: Freeview / RedButton / Internet - F1 comes on all three, now) ...

our HiFi includes a couple of RS232 / ASCII code two-way links - again likely API territory, in some way ...

sure there's more -

Chris