• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • f1arp72
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2015

Evohome Controller Location

Hi

Having recently purchased and installed (with help and thanks to Richard at The EvoHome Shop), an Evohome system, I would like to wall mount my controller but the location will be on the wall above my Wireless Alarm keypad.

Having read so much about the importance of the location of the BDR91 relays I was wondering if putting the controller near the alarm keypad would cause and problems. I found an article by Honeywell titled "Things to consider when installing wireless heating controls" and they clearly stated they wireless systems use their "own language" so there should be no interference from any other wireless equipment in the house.

The total distance from the wall where I want to mount my controller and the airing cupboard is no more than 5 meters so I don't think it should cause any problems.

Do you think it will work without any issues ? Would like to get your views before I drill a hole through my wall !!

Many thanks
  • willcurrie
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2015

What frequency/band is the wireless alarm operating on?

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by f1arp72 View Post
      Hi

Having recently purchased and installed (with help and thanks to Richard at The EvoHome Shop), an Evohome system, I would like to wall mount my controller but the location will be on the wall above my Wireless Alarm keypad.

Having read so much about the importance of the location of the BDR91 relays I was wondering if putting the controller near the alarm keypad would cause and problems. I found an article by Honeywell titled "Things to consider when installing wireless heating controls" and they clearly stated they wireless systems use their "own language" so there should be no interference from any other wireless equipment in the house.

The total distance from the wall where I want to mount my controller and the airing cupboard is no more than 5 meters so I don't think it should cause any problems.

Do you think it will work without any issues ? Would like to get your views before I drill a hole through my wall !!

Many thanks
      "Things to consider when installing wireless heating controls"

also recommends

Whilst, as we have already said, our heating controls
      are operating in a way that will not cause any clashes
      with other wireless signals, it can happen that any
      electronic device emitting a signal in close proximity to
      the programmer or evohome controller or thermostat can
      saturate the surrounding area and cause disruption to the
      signal.

We therefore recommend that you:
      Mount the product at least 1 metre away from any
      other wireless device
      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• f1arp72
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
        "Things to consider when installing wireless heating controls"

also recommends

Whilst, as we have already said, our heating controls
        are operating in a way that will not cause any clashes
        with other wireless signals, it can happen that any
        electronic device emitting a signal in close proximity to
        the programmer or evohome controller or thermostat can
        saturate the surrounding area and cause disruption to the
        signal.

We therefore recommend that you:
        Mount the product at least 1 metre away from any
        other wireless device

Wow, how did I miss that paragraph. I must of been scrolling through the document too quickly !! Thanks for pointing it out. It's very annoying as it's the only place I can put it (or want to put it)

Comment

• f1arp72
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by willcurrie View Post
          What frequency/band is the wireless alarm operating on?
          It's 868MHz (same as Evohome I believe).

Comment

• Vangelis
            Automated Home Guru
            • Sep 2009

From the alarms perspective, and based on the fact it appears to be communicating within the same frequency bandwidth, it may interpret the 'chatter' as an attempt to 'block' the signals from the perimeter sensors / control panel. Not ideal (albeit a small chance) when talking about your home's security...

Vangelis

Comment

• sharpener
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Vangelis View Post
              From the alarms perspective, and based on the fact it appears to be communicating within the same frequency bandwidth, it may interpret the 'chatter' as an attempt to 'block' the signals from the perimeter sensors / control panel. Not ideal (albeit a small chance) when talking about your home's security...
              If it's a Yale alarm you probably have options to display on the control panel, dial out on the phone line and/or sound the siren if it detects interference at a level it thinks unacceptable. Maybe others do this too.

Comment

• f1arp72
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Apr 2015

Thanks everyone. I'm going to play it safe and have located somewhere else to put the controller.

Comment

Working...
                X