• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Evohome and Intergas Combi Boiler

An Intergas boiler was suggested to me as one of the best and cheapest to run and better longevity than many other Combi boilers. I assume that Evohome works with this just as well as with any other. Anybody any experience of installing Evohome with an Intergas?
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
    An Intergas boiler was suggested to me as one of the best and cheapest to run and better longevity than many other Combi boilers. I assume that Evohome works with this just as well as with any other. Anybody any experience of installing Evohome with an Intergas?
    these are good boilers, very popular in Netherlands

Intergas boilers accept OpenTherm so you you can use evohome with the R8810A1018 Wireless OpenTherm bridge to give you modulating zoned control
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Thanks. Does the bridge take the signal from the BDR91 in the usual way the bridge then communicating with the boiler? Suppose all the boiler needs is an on and off signal going to it.

Comment

• emmeesse68
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
        Thanks. Does the bridge take the signal from the BDR91 in the usual way the bridge then communicating with the boiler? Suppose all the boiler needs is an on and off signal going to it.
        Nope. The R8810 replaces the BDR91. I have one set up with an R8810 that drives my Ferroli BlueHelix Pro32C. The OpenTherm Bridge will tell your boiler when to fire, and how much, thus it's more than an on/off switch the same way a dimmer is more than a simple switch for a light bulb

R8810 is even simpler to wire, because OpenTherm carries the power as well, on the simple two-wire cable needed to connect an OpenTherm boilre to the thermostat (or R8810 gateway). No need to connect it to mains!

It's just a bit poor on documentation side but it's working for me. All you have to do after wiring it to your boiler is binding to your EvoHome the same way you would bind a BDR91 (you will notice there's an OpenTherm gateway option that's an alternative to a boiler relay).

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Thanks. Food for thought. I know my current boiler (Glow Worm Ultimate) is not as efficient now, it is nearly 18 years old and am dithering as to whether because of that it is worth considering replacing. Hence the questions. The Intergas boilers i understand are very economical due to their simplicity and double condensing action.

Comment

Working...
          X