Evohome issues; randomly losing sync and turning on despite heating off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inkiboo
    Automated Home Lurker
    • May 2015

Evohome issues; randomly losing sync and turning on despite heating off!

I've had evohome for over three years, and it is bloody brilliant, and last year upgraded to the new colour screen and Internet gateway. Over the past two months I've had nothing but issues and wondering if anyone here knew why.

Problem 1: losing sync. For some reason, roughly once a month, all the zones, BDR91s, CS92 and Gateway will all lose sync. Give it five or so hours and they will regain sync.

Problem 2: rad and under floor heating BDR91s will come on despite the heating being off! Set the Heating Off for the summer and yet at various points the BDR91s will still come on. Checked all the zone values and UFH zones and all set to 10 degrees. Have absolutely no idea why this is happening!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • The EVOHOME Shop
    Site Sponsor
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by inkiboo View Post
    Problem 1: losing sync. For some reason, roughly once a month, all the zones, BDR91s, CS92 and Gateway will all lose sync. Give it five or so hours and they will regain sync.
    evohome Controller centre battery terminal broke? evohome Controller not docked properly? Loss of power to evohome Controller is only way it will general reset and require a sync.

Originally posted by inkiboo View Post
    Problem 2: rad and under floor heating BDR91s will come on despite the heating being off! Set the Heating Off for the summer and yet at various points the BDR91s will still come on. Checked all the zone values and UFH zones and all set to 10 degrees. Have absolutely no idea why this is happening!
    System incorrectly bound? BDR91's not fitted correctly? BDR91's in close proximity to each other? Other RF devices or metallic objects too close?

Photos may help us help you?

Thanks,

Richard

Comment

• inkiboo
      Automated Home Lurker
      • May 2015

Thank you very much for the reply.

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
      evohome Controller centre battery terminal broke? evohome Controller not docked properly? Loss of power to evohome Controller is only way it will general reset and require a sync.
      Never, ever get the low battery beep so I don't think it will be the battery. Certainly doesn't power off or anything like that.

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
      System incorrectly bound? BDR91's not fitted correctly? BDR91's in close proximity to each other? Other RF devices or metallic objects too close?

Photos may help us help you?
      How would I know if it is incorrectly bound? BDR91s are around 20cm from each other (UFH, Rads, Cylinder, Boiler Relay) and 1m from the boiler. No other metal objects and nearest WiFi basestation is over 10m away through three walls.

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

I had an issue recently when the centre metal terminal snapped in my controller. I happened to notice a brief red warning on the controller which re-set almost immediately. My guess is that upstairs movements caused the stud wall to vibrate which, in turn, led to a brief battery disconnect to the wall-mounted controller. When I checked, one of the batteries was loose and the broken part of the terminal fell out. As Richard has stated, this led to a full HR92 re-synch.

One of the concerns that I have about the controller is that a re-set wipes the fault log so it isn't easy to tell whether this type of issue is a one off or has been going un-noticed for some time. I would like to see all controller faults reported via the Gateway as and when they occur.

Comment

• inkiboo
          Automated Home Lurker
          • May 2015

Update; I deleted the two UFH zones and readded them; so far, so good and not randomly started to turn on.

Comment

Working...
          X