• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    Did you just say let the radiator fill with air Paul? If you want to promote system wide corrosion and all lol...
    Would it be system wide, if the air was just in the one rad?

OK, half fill the rad with nitrogen then!

P.

Comment

• Cchris
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Nov 2015

I'd be interested in getting this new firmware. I have two controllers and a total of over 20 zones. Displaying and accountng for manual override would be a great help.

A range extender would be the Holy grail, but for now the new firmware would be excellent. Is this being rolled out any time soon? And to those with more than one registered controller?

Comment

• Krejt
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
        I'm pleased to report that the HR92 local override now works, and pretty much in the way that I hoped it would.
        Making a local adjustment on the HR92 is now reflected on the Evotouch controller, and very quickly - typically within 5-10 seconds the new setpoint appears on the screen and within the iPhone app.
        In my testing I was able to catch it out in a couple of ways though. Not sure if these are bugs that might still get fixed or inherent limitations/restrictions in the wireless protocol:
        1) [..]
        2) If I made a manual override on an HR92, which is reflected almost immediately on the evotouch display, and I then tried to cancel the override on the evotouch within the up to 4 minute period before the evotouch sent a new setpoint update back to the HR92, eg before the local override icon went out on the HR92, then the evotouch would cancel the override from its perspective, but the HR92 would stay in local override mode and thus not revert to the non-overridden temperature.
        However if I made sure to wait until the 4 minute period was up and/or the local override icon on the HR92 had gone out (showing that the set point update had gone through) then I could successfully cancel the override on the evotouch and it would revert the HR92 back to the non-overridden temperature. I can see how this could potentially happen if the HR92 was adjusted less than 4 minutes before a scheduled setpoint change as well.

I think what is happening here is that the evotouch will not send a message to cancel an override to an HR92 if it had not previously sent a message to set the override in the first place. EG say that the scheduled temperature was 20 and you overrode to 22 degrees on the HR92. The set point on the evotouch is now 22 degrees thanks to this new software update, but it has not yet sent any message to the HR92 to tell it to switch to 22 degrees as it is waiting for the next 4 minute interval. (It is seemingly unaware that the HR92 has been manually set to 22 even though it just received a message from it) If I now cancel the override at the evotouch, it doesn't send any message to the HR92 to set it back to 20 degrees, because it never sent it a message telling it to change to 22 degrees in the first place. Therefore the HR92 stays in local override mode at 22 degrees. This seems like it should be trivially fixable in the evotouch software by just always sending a set point message when cancelling a zone override even if the original override message never got a chance to be sent to the HR92. (What harm does it do to re-send the same set point just to make sure ?)
        Today I have seen the exact behaviour you described above. Your idea about what is actually happening fits nicely to what I observed. Good bug report! ...or room for improvement ;-)
        Did some Honeyweller already confirm this observation and acknowledge the solution you suggested?
        Evohomeclient temperatures on ThingSpeak: https://thingspeak.com/channels/79213

Comment

• Leigh
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2016

A possible bug yes but in practice is that a change you will really make?

Comment

Working...
          X