• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
    Commands initiated either end take time to populate between end points. Depending on how long you wait to 'check' the change made on your controller then looking at the app could be the above. A change on the controller goes to one Clould API, which in turn speaks to another, then back down to the App. But it actually kind of doesn't - the App looks upwards at the main servers and refreshes from the main data source, The app does this periodically (rather than poll every millisecond) or when the is a need to refresh the screen, ie when moving between layers. You can manually force the screen refresh by clicking the little line menu, which results in side bar pop out to the left. This then has top right a refresh icon.
    I think that there may be a bug - or a conflict with IOS Beta. I tried all the above to no avail. Normal service was resumed when I increased the target temperature of another zone about 3 hours later.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
      You can manually force the screen refresh by clicking the little line menu, which results in side bar pop out to the left. This then has top right a refresh icon.
      On the main screen you can force a refresh simply by dragging the whole screen down a bit. This is a standard that's used across loads of apps.

Annoyingly, it doesn't work at zone level.

P.

Comment

• Achilles2k
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Dec 2017

Thanks to paulockenden and Bunyara for your responses to the version of the App you are using. It is the same version is WAS using before I uninstalled it and the same version that is on my wife's Galaxy S5.

SO, back to my original question - Why can I not re-install the App?? The Play Store gives the message: "! Your device isn't compatible with this version." I was happy enough with the functionality it gives - even flawed as it is (as well described in these forums) - I really want to have it back. No reply from my query on their website. Very poor.

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

Is yours a UK phone or an import?

(Clutching at straws here)

Comment

• Achilles2k
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Dec 2017

UK. I would ask someone here to uninstall and see if they get the same result as me - but that would be a risk and two of us could end up with the same problem.

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Just done exactly that. Worked fine. Samsung S8.

Comment

• Skeandubh
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Nov 2017

81219B6F-A6E4-4066-AA93-35A29BA82237.jpg

I love this app. It makes me feel like I am on a winter break in the sun, rather than stuck in the north east of Scotland

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

..but in North East England it’s 7c!!

Comment

• Skeandubh
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Nov 2017

Apologies. I guess my sarcasm wasn’t spotted. Basically the photo I attached shows the max temps for the next three days as 23, 27 and 21. It was actually 6 degrees when I snapped the app. Obviously the app has somehow got things wrong. Used to work ok in the past though. Evohome beta update has the correct temp displayed.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Are you sure you are still in Scotland?! These temperatures apply to Brisbane in Australia!

Is it possible the app thinks you are elsewhere? A serious question as I had this issue with my iPhone a couple of days ago after an IOS update. I was configured as being in the U.K. I found the other day that I could not add credit cards to my watch as the facility was not available. Digging around in the settings I found the IOS on my iPhone had defaulted back to Afghanistan for my location.

Comment

• Skeandubh
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Nov 2017

Thanks for the pointer. Checked that and all seems ok. The app actually has my correct location displayed, but the temps are nonsense. Wonder where the temp details are actually pulled from?

Comment

• Achilles2k
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Dec 2017

Problem solved
                          I found an older version of the app on their website (3.something) and installed it. It worked. PlayStore told me that I had the app installed but that ir was not compatible with my device. In uninstalled the old version and low and behold I was able to install 4.5.0
                          Hope this might help someone else.

Comment

• Achilles2k
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Dec 2017

As for the weather, mine is spot on. Location is correct and weather matches my other dedicated weather app.
                            Thanks for the help and responses.

Comment

• Skeandubh
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Nov 2017

Problem resolved. Initially I had the City location set to the actual postal town nearest to me, and all was well for some months. In the past couple of weeks the temps shown on the app were like I was in Florida. Today changed the City location to the actual small village I live in, and all is good again.

Comment

• G4RHL
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jan 2015

Will Honeywell ever update the app so it can be properly used on an iPad or I assume other tablets? The lack of compatibility has been there from day one and whilst most other software writers have updated apps to make them compatible, Honeywell seem to have forgotten about this. I suppose this is symptomatic of Honeywell’s approach to the app generally. As one member of this forum has already said, if those writing and designing the app were users themselves they would see how bad it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X