Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Evohome App

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi All. Resurrecting this thread rather than starting a new one. I have had my Evohome system installed for over a year now. I have had the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort App installed and working well since then. I changed some zones around recently on the controller and since then when I used the App it confirmed 'Success' for the changes I made to override the schedule but it did not actually activate the changes. I uninstalled the App (version 4.5.0) then went to the store to download/install again - only to be told that it is not compatible with my device! This is a Galaxy S7 and it has been working fine since I installed the system! What gives??? I notice that the version on the store is now called 'Total Connect Comfort Intl' - which suggests an update.
    For reference I have a combi boiler and 11 rads in 7 zones.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    (My wife also has the App installed and it is working fine.)

Automated Home Lurker

Just had Evohome installed, the app does not even load 95% of the time on my Samsung S7 - sometimes it accepts the login and sometimes just sticks on the login screen. If you do manage to get past the username/password, it sits on the reconnecting for ages. 1 time in 20 it will then show the main control interface but, if you leave it 30 secs, it logs you out. After this, it will never work until phone is rebooted. And then only sometimes.

On a Google tablet, works fine (though it is a seriously rubbish interface with dreadful ergonomics - who designed the scheduler!)

iOS version, constantly fails to save changes to schedule.

More than disappointed thus far. Plus the radiator valves are noisy enough to wake my daughter at night.

Automated Home Sr Member

The app can be a wee bit slower, but is generally excellent on my iPhone SE.

The valves seem noisey at first, but you soon block them out.

Iíve had my system for almost a year and absolutely love it.

Automated Home Jr Member

I agree - love the system. You do get used to the noise of the valves. My problem is that I can no longer control the system with my phone. Grrr.

What version of the App is anyone using? Android, that is, not IOS. Thanks.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles2k View Post
    What version of the App is anyone using? Android, that is, not IOS. Thanks.
    4.5.0 here, on a Galaxy S8 running the Oreo beta.

Automated Home Lurker

Version 4.5 running on Galaxy s7 Edge, Android 7 .0

Stopped even trying to use the app - pointless.

Automated Home Legend

No problems with the iOS version of the app for me lately - and I've been using it to remotely control the system quite a bit recently.

It's a little slow to load and log in sometimes (maybe 10 seconds) but don't think I've actually had any login failures or failure to action a change recently, including making schedule changes.

Surprised that others are having so much trouble with it at the moment.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Try doing a 'clear data' and 'clear cache' (Settings / apps / 'Home', storage). Maybe do a force stop first.

That usually fixes things when an app is misbehaving for you but works ok for everyone else.

Having said that, I agree that the app is by far the weakest part of the Evohome system.
    Last edited by paulockenden; 13th December 2017 at 12:49 PM.

Automated Home Legend

This is a new one on me. I adjusted a temperature on the controller. The app is showing the correct actual temperature but not the adjusted target temperature. The controller is showing both correct temperatures. I have deleted the App etc but the problem persists. That said, I have at least got my local weather information back.

Automated Home Sr Member

I use Android 7.x with it on two devices and still find sometimes it asks for login name and password.

It all works but I find it a little confusing to use especially when most of the year you never use it.