Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Evohome App

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks for the pointer. Checked that and all seems ok. The app actually has my correct location displayed, but the temps are nonsense. Wonder where the temp details are actually pulled from?

Automated Home Jr Member

Problem solved
    I found an older version of the app on their website (3.something) and installed it. It worked. PlayStore told me that I had the app installed but that ir was not compatible with my device. In uninstalled the old version and low and behold I was able to install 4.5.0
    Hope this might help someone else.

Automated Home Jr Member

As for the weather, mine is spot on. Location is correct and weather matches my other dedicated weather app.
    Thanks for the help and responses.

Automated Home Jr Member

Problem resolved. Initially I had the City location set to the actual postal town nearest to me, and all was well for some months. In the past couple of weeks the temps shown on the app were like I was in Florida. Today changed the City location to the actual small village I live in, and all is good again.

Automated Home Legend

Will Honeywell ever update the app so it can be properly used on an iPad or I assume other tablets? The lack of compatibility has been there from day one and whilst most other software writers have updated apps to make them compatible, Honeywell seem to have forgotten about this. I suppose this is symptomatic of Honeywell’s approach to the app generally. As one member of this forum has already said, if those writing and designing the app were users themselves they would see how bad it is.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

The iOS app does work on an iPad. OK, only in stupid iPhone compatibility mode, but it is usable.

P.

Automated Home Jr Member

Yep. Works ok on my iPad as well.

Automated Home Legend

It works on my iPad but as Paul says, the compatibility is limited. Most of the time I use my iPad in landscape mode. One day. Perhaps?

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    The iOS app does work on an iPad. OK, only in stupid iPhone compatibility mode, but it is usable.

P.
    And if you have an Ipad on a stand in landscape mode?

and let's not forget the comically large temps which limit what you can see

Automated Home Jr Member

The whole app is pants. The zones and temps on the main screen are comically large. It reminds me of the old landline phones with giant buttons for 'old' people to use. They could easily redesign and show at least 8 zones on one screen. I won't hold my breath. There will still be comments about the crapness of the app next Christmas. . .

. . .and on that note: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone. CHEERS