• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Smart Metering - Use of the 868MHz Frequency

I have just read a report on the roll-out of smart meters to domestic customers which indicates that the 'boffins' are now looking at the 868MHz frequency for use in apartment blocks. Is Honeywell aware of this, and will it have any impact on Evohome users? I assume that there must be some built in security between the controller and the BDRs etc but I confess I am not sure how this works.
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
    I have just read a report on the roll-out of smart meters to domestic customers which indicates that the 'boffins' are now looking at the 868MHz frequency for use in apartment blocks. Is Honeywell aware of this, and will it have any impact on Evohome users? I assume that there must be some built in security between the controller and the BDRs etc but I confess I am not sure how this works.
    Thanks for the heads up on this HenGus, we are working closely with the Smart Metering tech team so can assure you that this will be carefully considered.
    868MHz is a tightly controlled band that comes with strict stipulation of signal power and transmit times so the likelihood of collisions is minimised. For example Z wave is also on 868 and already widely implemented for smart home control systems.

As long as everybody plays nicely together according to the rules there is harmony.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Thanks for the re-assurance.

Comment

Working...
      X