• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by jasonci8 View Post
    Does anyone know where to get the window contact (HCA30) and cables (ACS90) for the HR92? Will door security contact sensors work instead? Any idea on battery life impact?

Thanks,
    Jason

P.S. While I'm here has anyone seen or sourced the chromed front cap? (AFA90)

all these items should be available for your supplier to special order
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• theasman
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2015

Got mine from JTM Plumbing.
      Plumbing Superstore is one of the UK's leading online plumbing suppliers, offering John Guest Speedfit, Armacell, Pegler Yorkshire and more.

Comment

• emmeesse68
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
        If you look at the pdf spec for the European valves (HR90 as opposed to HR92)
        AFAIK, HR90 is the locally controlled/programmed TRV (non-RF capable). HR92 is the EvoHome RF controlled valve, comes in different versions (HR92UK for UK, HR92WE for Western Europe, and others). Thus it could mean they have different features and maybe different sockets... If it's not the case and they have the same socket and functionalities, I'm interested!

it seems you can can plug an offboard RF20 room temp sensor into the open window socket, alongside the open window reed switch. Strange how that has been omitted from the HR92 PDF. I wonder whether it would work? And if so, what would be the pros and cons of a room sensor connected directly to the HR92, as opposed to a wireless one added to the zone.
        An advantage could be related to having temperature sensed away of the radiator without the hassle (and cost) of an additional RF sensor. It would be useful in my bathroom, for example. It's a small one, with one radiator, and I had to play with HR92's temperature offset (I set a -3°) to take into account the heat the valve picks up from the radiator. This way I get a decent accuracy when the heating is on, but reads lower than actual temperatures when the radiator is cold.

I have 12 radiators in my house, all fitted with HR92s, none of them would have decent temperature readings when the embedded HR92 sensors are used. So I ended up adding quite a lot of remote RF sensors.

I didn't know of those external sensors but they appear to be simple 20kOhm NTCs, thus I think I could try it out at a small cost. The main issue would be packing it up in some neat box and wire it to the HR92 without it looking too bad - yet not ending up spending more than an RF sensor

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by emmeesse68 View Post
          and maybe different sockets... If it's not the case and they have the same socket and functionalities, I'm interested!
          The socket must be the same as they use the same cable. After, if you look carefully at the HR92 PDF spec you can see a small bit of leave-behind of the old HR90 spec...

P.

Comment

• emmeesse68
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2014

The socket must be the same as they use the same cable. After, if you look carefully at the HR92 PDF spec you can see a small bit of leave-behind of the old HR90 spec...

P.
            OK the socket is the same... I could check out the actual connection of the 3rd pin (that one with the white wire, that should be used for the NTC).

Is it possible to take off the little cover that hides the socket and then put it back into place, or it' a "snap-off" piece of plastic?

Comment

• emmeesse68
              Automated Home Guru
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by jasonci8 View Post
              Any idea on battery life impact?
              Since the external sensor is basically a passive switch, I guess there would be no impact at all. No direct experience but as the specs include the schematics, it looks like any switch would do - just have to check whether it requires a normally open or normally closed one.

Comment

• jasonci8
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Dec 2015

Thanks for all the replies - I'll contact some suppliers and see if they can special order some for me to try.

Comment

Working...
                X