• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

No weather information

Have noticed that since the app has been updated I can no longer get weather information pressing the weather icon at the bottom of the home screen. This happens on all devices using IOS. I have deleted the app and reloaded and ensured it is set to my home town but no change. Anybody else got this issue?
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
    Have noticed that since the app has been updated I can no longer get weather information pressing the weather icon at the bottom of the home screen. This happens on all devices using IOS. I have deleted the app and reloaded and ensured it is set to my home town but no change. Anybody else got this issue?
    recommend that you contact he consumer support line/email who will advise you on how to solve this

I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

[QUOTE=top brake;22997]recommend that you contact he consumer support line/email who will advise you on how to solve this

That I call optimism!

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

[QUOTE=G4RHL;22998]
        Originally posted by top brake View Post
        recommend that you contact he consumer support line/email who will advise you on how to solve this

That I call optimism!
        the consumer support line in the dedicated resource for TCC related issues now, they will be on the case better than me

Comment

• davidaj
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2015

Weather works fine in the latest iOS app for me.

Comment

• Mavis
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Oct 2014

I have the same problem from when the app was updated (the first time, not when the fix was applied). I think they must be using a different weather company as I went in and changed my town from the postal town I am in to the nearest one but it still wouldn't recognise so I changed it to Sunderland and it now does (not ideal though).

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
              I have the same problem from when the app was updated (the first time, not when the fix was applied). I think they must be using a different weather company as I went in and changed my town from the postal town I am in to the nearest one but it still wouldn't recognise so I changed it to Sunderland and it now does (not ideal though).
              I tried this and yes by moving house it works. I am now living in Spennymoor according to the app which is some distance from me but still using my original post code which has nothing to do with Spennymoor. The post code in the app must have nothing to do with checking the weather yet it insists on having it. I prefer the weather where I am though as it is 1C warmer than in Spennymoor! Other weather apps have no problem getting it right.
              Last edited by G4RHL; 8 July 2015, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Mavis
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Oct 2014

The BBC weather recognises the pit village that I live in and most others can find Houghton le Spring which is the postal town (although you do have to fiddle about with the format) but Sunderland is quite a way from me. You would have thought that it would take it from the post code though.

BTW my watch says I am in Houghton le Spring

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

All my other weather apps and location apps have me in the right place. The Evohome is the odd one out and no longer recognises where I am. I suspect there will be others around the country with this problem and not just thee and me. And my watch knows where I am!

Comment

• top brake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Feb 2015

All my other weather apps and location apps have me in the right place. The Evohome is the odd one out and no longer recognises where I am. I suspect there will be others around the country with this problem and not just thee and me. And my watch knows where I am!
                    have you contacted consumer support? what did they advise?

thanks

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

have you contacted consumer support? what did they advise?

thanks
                      Yes, they came back this morning wanting to know what phone i was using, what IOS version and what version of the app. The only info they did not already have was the type of phone. Have replied and pointed out I know of another user with the same issue and in a different location. There is no doubt there is a bug of some sort in the upgrade of the Honeywell app. It thinks where I am is no more, cannot find the nearest city which is Durham. They must have interfered with something that limits access to weather data. Also it would seem the post code has no influence on it and it does to use that as any form of reference point which is strange. Will report back when I hear further.

Comment

• top brake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Feb 2015

Yes, they came back this morning wanting to know what phone i was using, what IOS version and what version of the app. The only info they did not already have was the type of phone. Have replied and pointed out I know of another user with the same issue and in a different location. There is no doubt there is a bug of some sort in the upgrade of the Honeywell app. It thinks where I am is no more, cannot find the nearest city which is Durham. They must have interfered with something that limits access to weather data. Also it would seem the post code has no influence on it and it does to use that as any form of reference point which is strange. Will report back when I hear further.
                        thanks interested to hear what they do

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

thanks interested to hear what they do
                          Just to say all is quiet. No more communications from customer support. I did think it was a bit optimistic contacting them! My location remains non existent since the upgrade to the app. It does not hurt to keep in touch with customers to tell them what is happening but perhaps that is a long forgotten courtesy.

Comment

• HenGus
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • May 2014

Just noticed this thread. I checked my app - which had logged me out again - and like G4RHL, the weather page shows 'Could not find Malvern, United Kingdom' and 'unable to load weather forecast'. My guess is that it isn't the app but something to do with the downloading of weather info.

Comment

• G4RHL
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                              Just noticed this thread. I checked my app - which had logged me out again - and like G4RHL, the weather page shows 'Could not find Malvern, United Kingdom' and 'unable to load weather forecast'. My guess is that it isn't the app but something to do with the downloading of weather info.
                              It is the app. It worked fine until the latest upgrade and they have done something with the bit that connects to the weather server. Other apps that collect weather data work fine. So it's a change Honeywell have made which provides an inaccurate
                              connection.

Comment

Working...
                              X