Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No weather information

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    have you contacted consumer support? what did they advise?

thanks
    Yes, they came back this morning wanting to know what phone i was using, what IOS version and what version of the app. The only info they did not already have was the type of phone. Have replied and pointed out I know of another user with the same issue and in a different location. There is no doubt there is a bug of some sort in the upgrade of the Honeywell app. It thinks where I am is no more, cannot find the nearest city which is Durham. They must have interfered with something that limits access to weather data. Also it would seem the post code has no influence on it and it does to use that as any form of reference point which is strange. Will report back when I hear further.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Yes, they came back this morning wanting to know what phone i was using, what IOS version and what version of the app. The only info they did not already have was the type of phone. Have replied and pointed out I know of another user with the same issue and in a different location. There is no doubt there is a bug of some sort in the upgrade of the Honeywell app. It thinks where I am is no more, cannot find the nearest city which is Durham. They must have interfered with something that limits access to weather data. Also it would seem the post code has no influence on it and it does to use that as any form of reference point which is strange. Will report back when I hear further.
    thanks interested to hear what they do
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    thanks interested to hear what they do
    Just to say all is quiet. No more communications from customer support. I did think it was a bit optimistic contacting them! My location remains non existent since the upgrade to the app. It does not hurt to keep in touch with customers to tell them what is happening but perhaps that is a long forgotten courtesy.

Automated Home Legend

Just noticed this thread. I checked my app - which had logged me out again - and like G4RHL, the weather page shows 'Could not find Malvern, United Kingdom' and 'unable to load weather forecast'. My guess is that it isn't the app but something to do with the downloading of weather info.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    Just noticed this thread. I checked my app - which had logged me out again - and like G4RHL, the weather page shows 'Could not find Malvern, United Kingdom' and 'unable to load weather forecast'. My guess is that it isn't the app but something to do with the downloading of weather info.
    It is the app. It worked fine until the latest upgrade and they have done something with the bit that connects to the weather server. Other apps that collect weather data work fine. So it's a change Honeywell have made which provides an inaccurate
    connection.

Automated Home Lurker

Log into MyTCC and change City in the Location Address (not your general account details) to Great Malvern

Does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Just to say all is quiet. No more communications from customer support. I did think it was a bit optimistic contacting them! My location remains non existent since the upgrade to the app. It does not hurt to keep in touch with customers to tell them what is happening but perhaps that is a long forgotten courtesy.
    what is your case reference number please?

have you logged a call with consumer support?

Automated Home Legend

Had a reply to my reminder this morning the wording of which reads:

"We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the local weather functionality on your device. We will investigate this and look to resolve the issue as quickly as possible."

Which seems to indicate they simply filed the initial query and nothing was being done until my reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Log into MyTCC and change City in the Location Address (not your general account details) to Great Malvern

Does that work?
    My postal town is Houghton le Spring and before the update this was in both general account and the location section and it picked up the weather. Now I have had to change the location section to Sunderland for it to not to throw an error. My suspicion is that Honeywell have changed their weather source.