• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vintagemark
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jul 2005

Advice on X10 replacement

Hi...

I currently have a few Zwave modules which I am using to replace older X10 stuff....

One that has me stumped is the curtains however... I have an X10 universal module which is set to 'momentary' and an X10 signals causes the Swish K400 curtains to open/close...

I cant find the the Zwave equivlient of 'momentary' or universal modules however...

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to achieve this?

(It's my last X10 and I want rid!)

Many thanks,

Mark.
  • Anonymous
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2000

Re: Advice on X10 replacement

what are you using to control the Z-Wave units?

I just use a Z-wave appliance module for my Swish Autoglide curtains. I leave the appliance module in the off state all the time (using the local control button if needs be in the interim). HomeSeer sends an 'off' (in case local control has been used) followed by an 'on' 30 seconds later (if it's sent sooner the Autoglide doesn't switch). Then 30 seconds later after the curtains have opened / closed i send another 'off'. At the same time I set a flag to indicate if the curtains are closed or open.

HTH?

Malcolm

Comment

• jeyell
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Sep 2005

Re: Advice on X10 replacement

Originally posted by vintagemark

One that has me stumped is the curtains however... I have an X10 universal module which is set to 'momentary' and an X10 signals causes the Swish K400 curtains to open/close...
      Mark,

Can you provide any details or weblinks to show wiring etc ?

Thanks
      J

Comment

Working...
      X